Forum for kitesurfers
Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:23 pm

On 2002-10-08 19:06, Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the feedback - can you just rip of the soft deck pad the wavetray comes with as standard and then screw on the slingshot types or stick the f-ones on?

Dwight what do you mean by reversing the contour strap and the straps are oval shaped with the D of the Dakine print starting at the fat end. Do you set up the fat end towards the nose with both the narrow ends meeting in the middle?? - a photo of your set up would make it clear.

thanks
I buy my WT with binding inserts so I can use plates. I like to fine-tune my strap width, plus it’s relationship to the arch support. I cut away some of the SS pad width to get my straps where I need them. I also move them back a little on the plate. I install the Contour straps so when I look down, I can read the words Dakine. Before I tighten the screw holding the strap, I twist the strap 45 degrees to open the entrance and close it up over the toes. You do this with standard windsurfing straps too. It’s nothing new to old pole boarders.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-08 20:24 ]</font>

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:25 pm

check out the new NICE straps and sandalbinding withe the same wide straps! really good stuff!

Vangelis
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Vangelis » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:02 pm

I recently tried the Gooch Asym, adjustable plates. I am very happy with them. Being able to adjust is a big plus.
I could send pics if anyone interested.
:roll:

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:14 am

Vangelis, go one post your pictures - I am keen

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:24 am

you guys seen the peel and stick pads from pads, pretty nice and light too good foot bed, arch support,I ride the slingshot straps with booties, and get stuck somtimes. what cant kill ya cant make you stronger.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:17 am

Check out the 2003 Pro-Limit widestyle plates and footstraps. We have used them in SA and the are awesome! Contact your Pro-Limit dealer and demand them now!

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:41 am

Do the existing pads on the wavetrays come off easily or do they leave nasty marks?

Return to “Kitesurfing”