Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

inserts?

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

inserts?

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:34 am

im building my first board and am wondering how far apart to place the inserts? i know where on the board they'll go, but the distance from one to the other?

chassan
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby chassan » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:10 am

I use about 16-18cm depending on the straps and pads I use. If you're using pads like the one Best has, and the separation between the inserts is to narrow, you're going to have problems placing the straps.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:16 am

i mean if i were to position inserts like a wakeboard has them, would that be the same as a kiteboard? or are there distictly different patterns?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:19 pm

no wakeboard inserts are positioned for the edge of the bindings.

and generally fit like this .... .... 22cm gap

kite boards are generally ... ... 16cm+ gap and offset.
... ...

radiorental
Medium Poster

Postby radiorental » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:22 pm

If I understand what you are asking then the distance between the inserts should roughly be the distance from your elbow to the top of your fist (not extended hand)

I know, that sound a little weird but its roughly how snowboard bindings laid out where I come from, I dont wakeboard so I dont know about its spacing but the snowboard rule works for kiteboarding for me.

Some things to note. The forearm length should be the distance in between your legs as they stand on the board. That is, if you ripped your forearm off and place it bettween your legs you would have your binding setup. The distance between the bindings is shorter because the inserts arent directly under your feet they are offset some distance depending on the binding.

So, what I do is measure my forearm. divde that by two = X. Measure X out from the center of the board and you have where the INSIDE of your foot should be. Place the binding where your theoretical foot should be and then mark off the insert placement.

I know thats pretty unclear, I'm not very good at explaining myself in words alone but if you have any further questions dont hessitate.
p.bay

devin
Frequent Poster

Postby devin » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:28 am

guess i wasnt signed in before :-? . but i wasnt wondering about the stance (i use the rough measurement from my heel to my knee, then see how it goes from there) thanks all for the insert answers, especially sq225917.
.devin

Return to “Gear Builders”