Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

best boards

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
punchy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

best boards

Postby punchy » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:40 pm

I got my new best board the other day, being west aus and almost winter the wind is **** but i got one good day and my gawd this board is awesome. i have gone from riding a directional and twin tips that i stole from my mates thinking this was good stuff, but within 5 minutes of jumping onto this board it was easily the the most unreal board i have ever been on. why was i wasting my time on other stuff. it felt so natural underfoot i was doing jumps on my first run. i was completing triple backs and board off soon after which i had never done before. i am not an experienced rider having started the sport in january but i liked the way the board felt. it holds an edge exceptionally well does masasive jumps, it does all i want and more. i can't wait i need more wind i want to ride this thing again. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Dutchie
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dutchie » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:19 pm

I will try my board out tomorrow for the first time, can't hardly wait...

I have to say that the finish of the board is very nice... working with insert.. and so on. Will have to do some trimming on the straps..but that will go owkee...will tell you all about when I'm back.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:09 pm

triples and board offs in 3 months. blimey.

punchy

Postby punchy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:00 am

i'm not going to deny it but i have been kiting every couple of days when there has been wind (not ant more which sucks) and i have the perfect place to learn. crash just stand up the water is only a few feet deep. if ya feel confident try anything but the beach is a bit boring. can you send some of the best girls to improve the view

Dutchie
Medium Poster

Postby Dutchie » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:27 pm

Ehh.. SQ...the boards off etc... noppe not yet, but toe-side riding is great....riding blind too...until I slowly I realized that I had done something wrong....and I wasn't facing forwarded anymore.....splashsssss

Jumping is 1 bridge to fare......I have to start figuring out how that works....but further from that.. No complaints about the board.... unless smart to put some footpads on it (did that after almost 2 months)

mouleman

best board 124

Postby mouleman » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:28 pm

I am about to buy the 124 cm board from best
what do u think about it ?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:36 pm

if you ride powered up or are ligthweight its a great choice, they currently heavily back ordered on the boards though.

mouleman

Postby mouleman » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:14 pm

I am 87 kg heavy
I tried the board this evening in very light wind (quite nobody was kitesurfing) with a toro 12 m²
it seems to be ok in light wind even if it would be better with a bigger board, I hope it will be good in stronger conditions
it's a second hand one
a balsa - I don't like the external material which isn't used any more by the other brands but for the price I think that's ok
my english is poor : what do you mean with : "they currently heavily back ordered on the boards though"

ferrarista
Frequent Poster

Postby ferrarista » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:30 pm

mouleman wrote:I am 87 kg heavy
I tried the board this evening in very light wind (quite nobody was kitesurfing) with a toro 12 m²
it seems to be ok in light wind even if it would be better with a bigger board, I hope it will be good in stronger conditions
it's a second hand one
a balsa - I don't like the external material which isn't used any more by the other brands but for the price I think that's ok
my english is poor : what do you mean with : "they currently heavily back ordered on the boards though"
I think you might be better with the 130cm board. my cousin weighs about the same and has the 130cm. he loves it.

what do you mean you don't like the external material?? my cousin likes the finish of the board.

when sq said heavily back ordered it means that best doesn't have boards in stock. waiting for new boards to arrive

mouleman

Postby mouleman » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:36 pm

I have ride today again with the board
u are right I would be better with a 130 but I got the 124 for 150 euros......so.....
no I don't really like the finish
this kind of finish as disapeared in France
I prefer the style of f one 's boards
It's a little bit difficult to come back to the wind with this board for me
except this it's ok
a+

Return to “Reviews”