Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

hydro help.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:04 pm

I sold my old 01 6.3 airblast and was advised to replace it with a 7m hydro.I hate it .Its so heavy on the arms.Would a bridle lighten it up and where could i get one.Also the windrange seems really small compared to the ab. Any help greatly appreciated.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:38 pm

I'm surprised you don't like it. I have a 7M Hydro which I use from a minimum of 20 knots up to 35 knots.

I really like it when sea gets rough because it has such a steady pull compared to my Airblasts. It is my favorite kite!

Have you checked that there isn't a fault with it or whether it is setup wrong. If you are using Wipika lines, check the line lengths - I 30m lines once that differed by 6 feet!!!

RB

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:49 pm

thanks for your answer .Im gonna try a bigger bar .Maybe 55cm is too small?still like light feeling of the bridle though.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:16 am

Hi mate,

it is normal that the hydro pull a bit more, but it is a steady pulling so at the end it is a better ridding.. speciallly to ride the kite down..

the hydro is one of the best kite around.. and the 7 meter is definitively the best one.. it is Christo main kite at the moment.. for 18/20ktns to the end of the world

cheers

GReg

Return to “Kitesurfing”