Forum for kitesurfers
Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:48 pm

On 2002-10-09 22:36, Anonymous wrote:
It concerns me when only 1 is available and if you want any other sizes you have to wait for mmmmmmm at least a month.
Could be preproduction, grey/black market, non supported etc....
BTW I heard that the US disttributor got already a batch of RhinoIIs but are not distributed to the stores yet. I think Dwight gets some favorable treatment there (in addition to his preleased 18m).
Oh well, we will have to wait till Dec. or get ours from overseas.
Nope, only one kite came in and the store has many on order. I've had mine on order for a very long time. I got in line first. I had 3 on order and one came in.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:14 am

I own the shop that has the 16m Rhino. The kite is a production kite. The US distributor got in a small shippment of kites. Many of these kites will go to team riders and then to people first in line. We got Dwight's order in very early so I guess we were early in the line. When Dwight changed his order, we did not cancel the kites because we figured someone else would like them. I do have more on order and I guess the 16 was the only size they could get to us. The distributor is not giving Dwight, or my shop, any special treatment. So we do have a Production 16m Rhino 2 available. It does not have the new bar and line. We got it kite only because the new bars are not ready. The kite does have the nice new bag, tall pump, repair kit, and new instruction manual. If interested check out http://www.blowinginthewind.com
Thanks
Hunter Brown

Return to “Kitesurfing”