Takoon?

Forum for kitesurfers
Air Vermont
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Air Vermont » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:46 pm

I am a huge fan of the Airblast kites. Looking to replace my 11.8 (it has seen about 75 sessions). Anybody gone for the Takoon Skoop in a comparable size? Comments on performance? My other option is to stay with Airblasts. Can't go wrong there.

Gary

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:20 pm

I have an 11.8 Takoon kite. It flies great. It's pretty lightweight, so I can't say how durable it will be over time. I don't fly it much as I am more used to the Slingshots and backline flying as opposed to the way the Takoons utilize the front lines. I have used it a couple of times in light winds and it stears great even with very little wind on it(I still have the bridle on it). Don't care too much for the bar that shipped with it. The center part for the chicken loop to slide through moves around too easily. Not sure if they still ship with this same bar. IF my option were the Wipika or the Takoon, I'd prolly go with the Takoon. Of course, all of this is just one mans opinion. You should try before you buy if you can.

Johnny

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:01 pm

go for takoon, i got the 8,5m² proj. & i simply love that piece. wind range is exceptional. lovely to depower 2takoons equal 3 x2´s
greets
matn

illy_kitesurfing.gr
Medium Poster

Postby illy_kitesurfing.gr » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:02 pm

i have a 8.4 and a 10.5 skoop and i am very very pleased with them.
Very stable kites with excellent performance. As for materials, they are doing fine up to now (i m trying to forget the whole i have on my 10.5 from a friend's cigarette...!)

Airblasts are supposed to be as good this year - i havent tried them. A friend that tried one lately said it a bit less powerfull than takoons.

:wink:

freefall
Rare Poster

Postby freefall » Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:37 pm

i am just a beginner and i own a takoon skoop 8.5 and a curver board 186 . I didn't use my skoop yet because i think it isn,t ideal kite for to practise water start . I am in level of water start i can start but can go too far or upwind .So i decided to buy a flysurfer maniac 3.5 to practise more before i use my Skooop 8.5 !! Any adviceee ?? Thanksss

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:30 pm

My very best upwind tip is to simply look up wind!! This auto sets yo body in a strong upwind stance, the higher you look the higher you go, simple. Once you get it you got it, so park the trainers and motor your good gear upwind, and remember to smile,,,,,,,,,,

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-11 06:52 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”