Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Home made light wind board?

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:49 pm

You can do all that fancy ass crap or you can go minimall and r+d your board, when you get it right then maybe, MAYBE, you should duplicate it super hytech, bottom line homey tech is more about learning that creating the ultimate stick, IT is for sure make it light and you breck it from the extra hight trust me on this.

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Trikke » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:44 pm

1 - Do you wrap bottom and deck at the same time and then vacuum them or do you laminate and vacuum them in two steps?

2 - How can you find fins' and straps' inserts under the laminate once the vacuum process is finished?

Cheers

Vangelis
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Vangelis » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:06 am

1 - Do you wrap bottom and deck at the same time and then vacuum them or do you laminate and vacuum them in two steps?

Do it in two steps. Bottom first then top.

2 - How can you find fins' and straps' inserts under the laminate once the vacuum process is finished?

I insert fin boxes and plugs after the lamination. There is some cutting/rooting involved.

Check airforcecabarete.com website. Eric has taught many through his pages on step by step boardbuilding.
Keep in mind though that the bigger your board, the more expensive it gets if you want to go carbon, divinicell etc.

Also, subsribe to boardbuilding Yahoo newsgroup. A lot of good discussions there.
Good luck,
V

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:30 am

I dont quite know how to say this, you two are obiously concinced hytech for your fist board is the way to go, ok I'll help if you use half inch hy dense foam set your rocker when you glue the two sheets together, then set your plugs and fin boxes measure from several refference points to find the plugs later, use carbon fiber plus 1- 3 0z s glass bottom first, if you bag you canot trim so deal with it, if you hand lay you can razor off jagged edge which wraps the rail when it sets up abit, top next add extra carbon under feet or youll be sorry, again if you bag you cannot trim deal with it, if you hand lay blade off at bottom edge good sharp rail line tape a dam and pour thikened resin around rail you with need this to sand in your shape, if you bag you must have a finished product ready to sail or your fucked, sand the carbon and you will not even get it to the water, do what you want Im just sitting hear shaken my head. your motive for baggin is that hand layup is too hard but you are forgettig baggin is for pros who are so together that they do not need the forgiveness of hand lay up. if you glass then plug your fucked again its the glass that gives the plugs what they need, one final thought how are you going to maitain rocker and no twist when you suck this bad boy to a crumpled ball? this is my last post on this good luck , best wishes and happy trails.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-11 17:15 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”