A Good Spinning Bar..

Forum for kitesurfers
Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:43 pm

Sounds good, could you ask him if the leash tangles less and how he attached the centre lines, I suppose a metal ring with a bit of rope to attach it to the middle leader line so you can adjust it on the leader, with one flying line attached to the ring and the other flying line going through the ring and attached to another metal ring to attach the leash to, with a stopper ball before the ring to stop the line when the kite is flying and another 7 m up the line with some rubber pipe inside to stop the bar flying off to the kite when I let go to the leash.

I just thought though, I won't be able to use long leader lines, it'll be like the X2 settup.
Any thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-10-11 21:50 ]</font>

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:56 pm

I'll start new topic on this

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:14 pm

Sorry Jo, I can't remember how he set it up. I recall rings and a ball but that's about it. He'll probably be out tomorrow and I'll take a better look and get back with ya.

J

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:16 pm

Ok, thnaks J,
Ask him if he had to sacrifice leader line length or change the lines because I reackon the lines must be on really short leaders.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:18 pm

Wilco. Can't say if he'll be out tomorrow, but probably.

J

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:20 pm

Jo, he did say that when the kite leash was used that the leading edge dropped and it slowly fell with no spinning. He seemed to think this was a superior method and he's been teaching for about three years so I kind of trust the guy. Don't use it myself though.

J

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:06 pm

Pan, didn't see the pic.
try to add it yourself by reading the instruction for adding images in the B2B forum.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:09 pm

yeah it'll work without making the kite go into a death spin as long as the leashed line can pull a kite's length longer. This is probably better for self landing too

Royce
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Royce » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:00 am

Hey guys, despite what most of you think of what happens in PR when the wind is light, we actually do cool things aswell to make it a safer sport. A very smart computer guy who kitesurfs aswell has developed a great tangle free leash system that really works well. I can do every single trick with it as I could without. I use it always and will be competing with it next season. It will be advertised in the us mags in the next couple of issues and marketed to the shops worldwide soon. Its called the Rotobar (pat. pending) and uses a killer spreader bar system and an easy adaption kit for any kite type. I think there is a picture of it on our websites first page. Its the pic that takes forever to download at the bottom. You can sail shackled or not, hooked in or not and still have a great leash system. More info to follow. Oh yeah it spins freely completly tangle free. Yeah, at larst
Aloha Royce.

hwenn
Medium Poster

Postby hwenn » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:36 am

Any experiences trying to depower the kiteproshop bar? Seems to me like it is very limited...
Henrik

Return to “Kitesurfing”