Postby prankster » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:20 am

Just to say that I completely agree with Dwight :smile:

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:37 am

AWWW. Now isn't this just a special post! I think most everyone here appreciates Dwight's insights. I know I LOVE it when he talks about his sewing maching. As unfair as it is to Dwight, I just cant hep but to have this image of him and his friends all setting around enjoying a pot of freshly brewed tea while running their sewing machines on their kites, with soap operas playing on the TV in the background.
:wink:

Like I said, I know it isn't right, but it amuses the shit out of me myself anyway.

Johnny

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:36 am

On 2002-10-12 01:37, Johnny TBKS wrote:
AWWW. Now isn't this just a special post! I think most everyone here appreciates Dwight's insights. I know I LOVE it when he talks about his sewing maching. As unfair as it is to Dwight, I just cant hep but to have this image of him and his friends all setting around enjoying a pot of freshly brewed tea while running their sewing machines on their kites, with soap operas playing on the TV in the background.
:wink:

Like I said, I know it isn't right, but it amuses the shit out of me myself anyway.

Johnny
You give me too much credit. I'm really sitting on my garage floor sewing away and cusing at the dam machine.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:11 am

Dwight,
Are you taking the job in Tampico?
Hope you do,
Andres

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:41 am

On 2002-10-12 04:11, Andres_Santacruz wrote:
Dwight,
Are you taking the job in Tampico?
Hope you do,
Andres
No. I looked at the wind history and it wasn't very good.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:01 am

That's too bad, what is probably wrong is whatever measured the wind history, because Tampico nukes with every cold front that comes down, about 60 per season from november to april/may, and the normal thermals are strong too. There are huge sand dunes by the city, there are only dunes where it is windy.
Andres

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:35 am

How far is it from South Padre Island, Texas? If it receives the same weather patterns as SPI, it can't be all that bad. Plus warmer than NC.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:27 pm

On 2002-10-12 05:01, Andres_Santacruz wrote:
That's too bad, what is probably wrong is whatever measured the wind history, because Tampico nukes with every cold front that comes down, about 60 per season from november to april/may, and the normal thermals are strong too. There are huge sand dunes by the city, there are only dunes where it is windy.
Andres
I checked historical records for the two reporting stations on the area. One is the airport. I did see a trend that indicated the wind only blew hard enough when a front went through. Their appeared to be wind good enough about one day per week on average. That's windless by north carolina standards. I would only be able to kite on the weekends while their. The chances of a front passing at the right time to allow me to kite every weekend was slim. If I stay home, it will be colder, but I will be kiting almost every weekend. It turned out the tampico job was for 6 months. I needed to be real sure of wind for a commitment that long. If it where shorter, I would have gone just for the fun of it. I would love to visit Mexico.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:44 pm

I don't blame ya bit Dwight! As much as I dislike the cold, I'd rather deal with cold wind than no wind...and if you are in the carolinas now....well, I dunno if it get's any better than that in the States does it?

Listen to us.....we(kiteboarders)live our lives, and even plan our jobs around wind and kitesurfing. Oh my my, are we EVER a bunch of junkies!!

Johnny

Return to “Kitesurfing”