Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

x2 vs Fuel 2003 performance and construction. Any opinions?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:52 pm

Yes I will try to get some new footage using the new 2003. As I have only had these kites 1.5 weeks not been filming yet. However I did a Road trip with the TV crew of Primo Free Rider (a New Zealand TV programe) and they are forwarding all the footage taken down to me sometime in the next few weeks hopefully we get some good stuff. I was using the 2002 fuels for the first time so dont expect to much kite looping, for those in NZ it will be on TV in around 3 weeks. Kite:Life The next time you can see me sail in a comp will be the Noumea Pro Comp in a about a month if your goingto be over there and sorry I don't wish to state my name at this time as still changing over sponsors however for an old video clip (ie two years old) check out http://www.kitesurfingnz.com under video section, its about 5 meg download. I look back and think how far the sport has come since I was filmed doing this one, I was still on a 6 foot directional for goodness sake. JohnnyTBKs sorry to seam like a sell out to you but you have to go with the best kites around if you are depending on it for a living, as a Pro Kiter, Kiting is all I do

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:59 pm

DUDE!

You dont seem like a sell out at ALL to me. Kitesurfing is my living as well, I can fully appreciate what you say. I was just messin with you about that. I was serious though about saying that I can fully understand why you wish to remain anonymous at this time...for that exact reason...changing sponsors. I don't see what you're doing as selling out, but rather, moving UP to the winning team. Welcome aboard brotha!

Surpises me just a bit that you don't know who I am...I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Anyway, if you're headed for team SlingShot, you'll soon know who I am and prolly know me pretty well in the future.

Anyway, Good luck, and again, welcome aboard!

Johnny

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun Oct 13, 2002 7:02 pm

Johnny, I have to disagree about the caring for their customers bit, if you mean afters sales service. I sent SS 2 e-mails through their web site with a question about the fuels, (in the days before I discovered kiteforums, bless your souls boys n girlz). It was the sort of trimming question we just dealt with, because their manual doesn't say if the trim strap should be all in or out, it just sez all lines should be equal. Locals here and the shop had different ideas so I asked SS a question which could make the difference between getting the most out of their kite of using it dangerously.
Anyway you and I care if people use their kite safely and get the most out of it and really if you answer a standard question like this you can just save a file with the answer after the first one then copy/paste it into any other mail, it will take about 20 seconds. Anyway, they didn't care enough to answer, probably many other big companies use the same, help yoself policy but 3 grand for a kite should be worth a 20 second e-mail or what?
Jo

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:48 pm

How about some X2 riders that have tried both products? This thread start sounding like a "kiss-ass" to SS from people who haven't used the X2s. Kinda bothering since the thread was about comparison and "Retailers of SS tell us why you love SS - greater margins of course".
The X2s proved themselves the whole year, and noone can take that away from the best kite in 2002. Time will show how the new 2003 Fuels hold, and not just against the newer 2003 X2 (or X3) but also against the other 2003 kites like the Rhino2, Skoop2 etc.

It has been stated before and it gets more and more obvious that whenever there is a question about Slingshots all the SS retailers jump in, and noone is a trully unbiased user. Shame.

Just my 0.02
V

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:13 pm

Well what do you exactly expect? Probably everyone posting about anything here is biased, either from using something and liking it, or selling it because they like it. SS guys are excited about the good products they fly/ride for 2003. Nothing wrong with being happy and spreading the word.

Heck, I ride ARCs and resell Slingshot and am totally honest about it with everyone. I also posted I was jumping as high as a friend on an 18m X2 with my smaller ARC, and I weigh more, so what category would you put me in?

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:08 am

I am interested in buying a SS 2003 but i dont know the windranges, Which is the size that is equivalent to a airblast 16m? the 15m or the 17m? Windranges for this sizes? anyone knows?

Thanx

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:38 am

pedro when you say a 16m AB to you mean the 11.8m(approx 16m flat) or the 16.4m AB?

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:53 am

The 11.8 one :smile: 16m flat :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2002 8:42 am

the 2002 fuel 140 was pretty much similar power range as the 11.8 AB. The 2003 15m is similar to the 2002 140. therefore probably go for 15m size. then again the 2003 Slingshots do have more depower and potential to turn many times faster so you could actually go for the 17m fuel and get bettor bottom end than the 11.8 and still be fine at the upper end of the wind range.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:29 am

Johnny,

By the sound of it you are fairly influencial in the SS world. Reckon you could influence them to update their website?

Should be getting my 17 this week, fingers crossed. But I had to make the decision based on your (and others reviews) and a couple of shots from Kiteboarding.be

You bastards better be right :wink:

Later,

Pete.

Return to “Kitesurfing”