Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

honest opinion on best yargas please

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

honest opinion on best yargas please

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:55 pm

Hi everyone

Like most of you, I have an extremely limited budget and so every cent I spend on my gear has to count! I was thinking about going for the 3 for 2 deal from Best and getting some of their Yarga's, but I am a bit concerned about the quality of the kites. I have heard reports that they are an 'old design' with way too much bar pressure - is this true?

any decent and unbiased opinions would be really, really, really appreciated guys - I really need advice on this one.

Many thanks

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:35 pm

It are very good kites....I don´t know if you are able to fly them...but they are great.... It is my first kite and I like them a lot...In my opinion they aer value for money, simple and effective..material is from the same as another brand...there are better and also worse kites, it´s all very personal if you like the behavoir of the kite....

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:19 pm

Very similar in feel to the Slingshot Fuels, they are a little higher aspect though so they turn slightly slower, but jump and go upwind better. My honest opinion is that they are great kites, you won't be the slightest bit disapointed, and you will be happy with all the money you saved.

If you want nifty features like one pump, or fancy colored panels, go elsewhere. If you want to fly kites that fly sweet and to save enough money to go to some place warm and windy next winter, look no further. :thumb:

Big B

Yargas good are good but less powerful than you might except

Postby Big B » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:15 pm

If you were thinking about Yarga 15-13-11 think 17-15-13 instead. They are a bit less powerful than equivalent kites from other companies. Quality is good...would recommend getting a bar from another company.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:59 pm

Big B - I disagree on the power, actually I think they have a lot of grunt. I was out on my 7m Yarga when most were on 9's, and some even on 12 and 13's. If anything I would say since I got Best kites I am normally on smaller kites than most guys (75kg, 132cm board.)

pjcc

Postby pjcc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:07 pm

I agree with Dax -- similar feel to my Slingshots, a little less grunty, nice depower, no prob's going upwind.

As to whether they're sized too small or too large, I have a SS '04 17, SS '03 13, Yarga 9, and they all fit together nicely -- a little bit of overlap between each kite, just like you'd want. Really, the Yarga is my favorite to ride, but it's not really fair to compare the fun factor of strong winds to light winds.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:57 pm

with the boys on this on, the yargas are not short on low end power and feel just like the fuels at the bar, but they have noticably more lift and hangtime, though they aren't quite as fast to loop, but plenty fast enough.

i'm down with big b's bar comment though, the early bars with the plastic bushes were below par, but i believe we have replaced prety much all of them.

big b if you are having trouble with the bar speak to the guys..

zim
Medium Poster

Postby zim » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am

they fly ok but the hindenburg way too much! the bar pressure is the same as the fuel but thats the only simularity i saw. it fealt like a cabrihna CO2 to jump but it overflew more. if you live in a steady wind area they might be fun.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:33 pm

zim wrote:they fly ok but the hindenburg way too much! the bar pressure is the same as the fuel but thats the only simularity i saw. it fealt like a cabrihna CO2 to jump but it overflew more. if you live in a steady wind area they might be fun.
zim - I live in the gusty NW with you and I fly my Yargas in the Gorge all the time... I don't think I have ever had them hindenburg. You must have tried one without good pressure in the LE or bad line setup.

If you ever want to give my 13.5m a try, just give me a shout.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:11 pm

yehy like wise, the only time mine fall out of the sky is when i run under them asnd releasse the bar and catch the kite in my arm as if falls if i cant be arsed to side land it.

Return to “Reviews”