gumball
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

In response to Fo

Postby gumball » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:29 pm

Fo,

As you know I never respond to the many negative posts about Best, but I just thought I'd set the record straight. As for the contest, I have promised free kites or tee shirts to those creative minds that came up with ads that we use. We haven't used any (except for vietkiter's and a couple tee shirt ideas) and when and if we do, those folks will get free kites or tee shirts depending on how we use the idea. Fact of the matter is we have significantly cut back on advertising because we can't keep gear in stock (except for a slight overstock in 21m Nemesis, and that's the reason for the sale) so we're not really using many new ideas right now, but we will.

Truth be told, the biggest pimps on here are the anti-Best pimps. Everyone knows there is a love-hate relationship with Best. People who are threatened are very negative. People who have bought our gear and saved a tremendous amount of money are thrilled because they now realize they bought superior products at half the price and they stand up for us. It would be really easy for me to employ guerilla marketing tactics and pay a couple kids to inundate the forums with pro-Best threads, but we don't (and Toby can confirm this as he watches IP addresses carefully). Truth be told, the vast majority of Best postings are from our thousands of customers who feel the need to stand up for the underdog (which is funny because we are both David and Goliath at the same time, an excellent marketing position). Plus, you and a handful of others have done a great job of keeping our name in the forum, even though you're extremely negative, you're still talking about Best... Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Alex Shogren

yoursistersman
Medium Poster

Postby yoursistersman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:45 pm

thats it people god has spoken! you heard it from the horses mouth, the unspeakable has happened, our universe has ended and been replaced with a new one with an even more sick and twisted sense of humor! fokiten that crazy sonofabitch that eats toast with crack on it for breakfast just to fuel his obsession for making insane posts---- IS NOW WORKING FOR BEST ADVERTIZING!! its time to sell the farm and get the f*** outta dodge before this forum causes your computer to blow up in your face just by the sheer magnitude of this event!

Stewart
Frequent Poster

Postby Stewart » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:49 pm

yoursistersman wrote:thats it people god has spoken! you heard it from the horses mouth, the unspeakable has happened, our universe has ended and been replaced with a new one with an even more sick and twisted sense of humor! fokiten that crazy sonofabitch that eats toast with crack on it for breakfast just to fuel his obsession for making insane posts---- IS NOW WORKING FOR BEST ADVERTIZING!! its time to sell the farm and get the f*** outta dodge before this forum causes your computer to blow up in your face just by the sheer magnitude of this event!
Yeah & Fo pimps for Martin too, that little industry slut!! Whoda thunkit?

fokiten

Re: In response to Fo

Postby fokiten » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:17 am

gumball wrote:Fo,

As you know I never respond to the many negative posts about Best, but I just thought I'd set the record straight. As for the contest, I have promised free kites or tee shirts to those creative minds that came up with ads that we use. We haven't used any (except for vietkiter's and a couple tee shirt ideas) and when and if we do, those folks will get free kites or tee shirts depending on how we use the idea. Fact of the matter is we have significantly cut back on advertising because we can't keep gear in stock (except for a slight overstock in 21m Nemesis, and that's the reason for the sale) so we're not really using many new ideas right now, but we will.

Truth be told, the biggest pimps on here are the anti-Best pimps. Everyone knows there is a love-hate relationship with Best. People who are threatened are very negative. People who have bought our gear and saved a tremendous amount of money are thrilled because they now realize they bought superior products at half the price and they stand up for us. It would be really easy for me to employ guerilla marketing tactics and pay a couple kids to inundate the forums with pro-Best threads, but we don't (and Toby can confirm this as he watches IP addresses carefully). Truth be told, the vast majority of Best postings are from our thousands of customers who feel the need to stand up for the underdog (which is funny because we are both David and Goliath at the same time, an excellent marketing position). Plus, you and a handful of others have done a great job of keeping our name in the forum, even though you're extremely negative, you're still talking about Best... Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Alex Shogren

Gum? f*** Gum?

You fucking kidding me? this is it? this is what you came up with after 3 months!

Dude I knew you were a dick after the second round of schmoozing, but THIS post?

f*** me,, O' let's look at this post together,,, Ah ? "Goliath" have you any idea how insulting it is to stiff a bunch of guys and then tell them, I'm Goliath now?

What the f*** are you thinking? if you have an advisor fire him, right now and get someone who can help you with the PR.

I was going to go into the details but really what's the point? you stiffed these guys ROYAL, and posted this? this insult? either you're too fucking stupid to realize this is wrong, or you just don't give a f*** as long as you stay out of prison.

It would appear the only reason you posted is to set aside the issue and get back to using OUR forum as free ad space.

I not disappointed Alex, I'm slack jawed by your complete lack of tact.

too bad
fokiten

BROWNEEE
Frequent Poster

Postby BROWNEEE » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:47 am

keep the adverts commin kittykat. Your doing a great job, have you received your bonus this month ? :thumb:

yoursistersman
Medium Poster

Postby yoursistersman » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:47 am

arf arf arf!arf woof woof arf!
''chill little buddy, here eat a treat and calm down.''
arf arf arf woof woof!
''jesus christ you little nice person shut the hell up already theres nothing out ther to bark at!''
(few minutes later)
arf arf arf woof woof bark!
''AARRGH thats it you shithead your gettin the paper- wack!''

(couple minutes later)
WOOF WOOF ARF!
''ok thats it f*** head your goin in the oven!''

fokiten

Re: In response to Fo

Postby fokiten » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:10 am

gumball wrote:Fo,

Sincerely,

Alex Shogren
ok,

for the pimps, gum says>

It would be really easy for me to employ guerilla marketing tactics and pay a couple kids to inundate the forums with pro-Best threads

This of course was not only the method, but the motovation in: "THE CONTEST"

Now, it is implied that using " guerilla marketing tactis" would be wrong.
He wouldn't do that, Hmmm,
Busted

end of story
Last edited by fokiten on Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Smooth
Frequent Poster

Postby Smooth » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:30 am

Hoo-- erhhm.. I mean Foo.. Please read thrugh your own posts. (1.11 % of the complete forum and 2.40 aday since you joined 27 Sep 2002..)
You will find them at :
index.php?page=http://www.kiteforum.com ... tton=forum And please do me a favor. Can you send me a link to a Positive constuctive post?

Everytime Im on this forum I see you bitching around with something.
Guests (most often NORMAL kiters who actually kite and dont spend ALL their free time writing arogant posts in this Forum is being harrased by this dude that thinks he owns this forum and is having a SERIOUS problem with Paranoia (especially people who havent been on the forum for atleast 2 years and havent posted atleast 1000 posts.) THAT MUST BE BEST OR A HUGE COMPANY TRYING TO TAKE ALL OUR MONEY AND RAPE OUR PETS!!!

I have ONE advice for you. Get out of your parents basement. Sell your computer. Upgrade your ARX that you havent used since the 26 Sep 2002, and GET OUT on the water, If you try now, Im sure you can land those backloops.. .

Start Contributing in a fucking good old fashion JOLLY way. Not with that Wannabe attitude bullshit. Ever thought about what your dreams and hopes where when you started with this thing called kitesurfing?. Think over what the I love you do and get a life. Dont be a parasite, Contribute!

Wanna Dance? :dance2:

redsc1
Medium Poster

Postby redsc1 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:34 am

Hi Gumball

Is this competition still open?

Simon

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:18 am

Smooth wrote:Hoo-- erhhm.. I mean Foo.. Please read thrugh your own posts. (1.11 % of the complete forum and 2.40 aday since you joined 27 Sep 2002..)
You will find them at :
index.php?page=http://www.kiteforum.com ... tton=forum And please do me a favor. Can you send me a link to a Positive constuctive post?

Everytime Im on this forum I see you bitching around with something.
Guests (most often NORMAL kiters who actually kite and dont spend ALL their free time writing arogant posts in this Forum is being harrased by this dude that thinks he owns this forum and is having a SERIOUS problem with Paranoia (especially people who havent been on the forum for atleast 2 years and havent posted atleast 1000 posts.) THAT MUST BE BEST OR A HUGE COMPANY TRYING TO TAKE ALL OUR MONEY AND RAPE OUR PETS!!!

I have ONE advice for you. Get out of your parents basement. Sell your computer. Upgrade your ARX that you havent used since the 26 Sep 2002, and GET OUT on the water, If you try now, Im sure you can land those backloops.. .

Start Contributing in a fucking good old fashion JOLLY way. Not with that Wannabe attitude bullshit. Ever thought about what your dreams and hopes where when you started with this thing called kitesurfing?. Think over what the I love you do and get a life. Dont be a parasite, Contribute!

Wanna Dance? :dance2:

Smooth,
That link's leading back to this thread :D ,

How"s that for humor :D

Actually I think I bring a fresh focus to the issues that matter most, life and limb stuff, this is my first, company job,

? If you'll notice, it's not a product issue at all (I'm for cheaper pricing) it's about our user forum falling prey to commercial interests.

This has diminished the intent of the forum, and increased the needless bashing and pimping, I challenge you to find one fokiten post outside of This gumball issue that bashes Best, their kites, anything , you won't.

I know my post are topical I make them so!

Did you get that one?

no apparent effect Smooth
I'm not getting anything from this challenge.
fokiten

Return to “Kitesurfing”