All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:22 pm 
Rare Poster

back from a kite-school in egypt, winter in switzerland is coming soon. i want to by my own kite + equipment now. are there on the market products that really let one rip snow
and water? is an intermediate-kite like the
naish - aero f.e. a solution?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:04 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Tough question. Why? Because ALL kites can be used on snow and water. They fly in the air, so who cares, right?

Wrong. Bladders break, and if you're a beginner, you might want a foil for the land, and a blimp for the water. Blimps relaunch easier, they float, etc. Foils don't break if you crash them in a snowbank or tree, and if they rip, you just put tape on it to last the rest fo the kite session until you can sew it up.

So...if you're a good kite flyer, I would recommend an ARC. This is due to its "auto zenith" feature. You let go of the bar, and it flies up to above your head and waits until you dust yourself off. No other kite has this prominent a feature.

They are easy to set up in sand, or snow. No bridles, 4 line depower greater than inflatables, and simple to use. I use them on land, snow and water.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:36 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:40 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Sorry about the last post, my mistake.
Well, i have a warrior 9.3 from flysurfer.de, and it works very well on the water and also on land for kitemountainboarding. I would imagine it works great on snow too. There are a lot of people using them on snow in germany, they say they love them. try to demo one, you will not regret it
Andres

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:36 pm 
Frequent Poster

There are two kites that I know you can run on land and water and have fun.

1.) Advance Rhea

2.) XXtreeme ( by Ted Dougherty)

Why dont you visit our homepage. There you can see both of them.

Regards

Your Paraflysurf Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:21 pm 
Medium Poster

try new foils boom, rhea or flysurfer. tubes are too difficult to relaunch on snow. kiting on snow is so much easier than on water in fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:55 am 
I reccomend one of the newer style sheetable foils like the previous poster. I have the flysurfer warrior 16.5 and I beleive it is much easier to water relaunch than a high aspect tube kite.

Flysurfer also markets the maniac which has shorter vlaves for land use and add-on extensions for the water - Can't see why you'd need them though as my warrior self-inflates very quickly even in wind too light to kitesurf with it. The maniac might be more docile kite for the rank beginner (ecp smaller sizes in higher winds) but my warrior is pretty user friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:52 am 
Is 9.3 Warrior a good size for me as a winter kite. I weight about 86kg. Planning on using it with a snowboardin in 4-8 m/s winds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:54 pm 
I LIVE IN SUISSE ME TOO. I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YUO IF U WANT.
E-MAIL ME

WILLY

[ 9 posts ]