Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Windsurfing Mag BS

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:52 am

I get them all. That is the: US, UK and German magazines.

Hands down: Kite-Boarding.de is clearly the best. The only problem is that it's a tad expensive (but then expensively produced) and the german is a little tough for us Yanks.

It's got a large format so the pictures are larger...the photography isn't contract stuff that you see shared between the UK and US mag....the reviews are great - and appear every issue. The only major problem is that words like: "Ausstattung" don't get through the common internet translators.

The US mag is a copy of the kid's-lit typical of surf mags with thick doses of pufff supplied directly by PR departments of kite companies. "Never saw a product we didn't like....."

If the germans made a simple insert with spanish, french and english of the major bits - they'd kill it!

Mega-Air
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mega-Air » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:52 pm

Yes the german mag is the best out there. they are the only mag that go somewhere and really test the equipment and post it in there magazine. Not like the U.S. mags. Their review is the one the kite company send them. So it will always be good. If they make it like stance mag halve german and halve english they will be the number one magazine in the world.
The U.S. kiteboarding magazine each month starts the same. Ads from Naish,Wipika,Slingshot and then Cabrinha
so don't expect a bad review from those brand even if it's a piece of shit. They all make good equipment but sometimes they also come out with a piece of crab and the Mags supposed to help us avoid those equipment. and don't tell us this is the best new thing on the market and they did't even test it yet.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:49 am

hey guys, lay off the grommets
norts
-grommet

Ryan Riccitelli
Rare Poster

Postby Ryan Riccitelli » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:00 am

Hey guys....

Obviously, we have some serious debate going on. I understand your frustration with the magazine and I am working to improve the content. The posting I sent was directed toward Rick Iossi in a private email and it was unfortunately posted, which I now think was very good. Check out my recent mags! They are getting better and better. This job is tough and you can't make everyone happy. It seems you ONLY point out the negative aspects of my magazine and not the positive. That's life though. I know there is room for improvement, but give me a break and get on the water and start riding. I think that is why we are all truly into this sport. About the Helmet article--Did you even read it. It was about launching and landing your kite safely. It had a picture of a beginner launching his kite with safety equimpent. The article was titled Don't be a Helmet. I a apologize if someone was too ingnorent to read the article and take it wrong. I welcome anyone to email me ryan.riccitelli@worldpub.net. Realize that opinions are like mouths. Everyone has them and everyone likes to use them.

Honestly though...you guys should spend more time being positive than negative. Negativity is going to kill this sport.

PS...Thanks Royce and to all who know me and support me. Also, why are people so anonymous on here? If you are going to say something, at least be man or woman enough to show your identity.

Marley
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Marley » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:34 am

Giv'er down. Or shall I say up. People are down talking right left and ,.,, well dutchy to the left again ,,, all over the shop. Anyhooo. When I first got into this sport 1 and a half years ago it was for me and no one else. Solo freestyle expressions and learning and nothing but. That is what it is all about. Helmet no Helmet underwear no underwear . Bra or socks , Don't give a &*^&^6!!!! Do what you want to do untill you die. If it gets banned so what. I can't see me stopping. Laws are Laws rules are rules and talk is talk. Ride hard die free. P.S. I borrow most mags and they are mags. Water time is where it is at. I do where a helmet and I am sick of beating around the bush. Lets get this sport off its feet and in the air. Every publication helps and take from it what you want. if you don't want don't take it but don't dis it. If you gots nuttin' nice toi say donut say it. Jumbled puzzle of confusion. should reel your reality to ???????? unknown

P.S. Stay really confused and bliss will open

Return to “Kitesurfing”