Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

AWESOME pics of San Carlos, Mexico

Forum for kitesurfers
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:54 am

Hey everyone,
I put some pics my friend sent me of some sessions at San Carlos,
Baja California. They are windsurfing, but still really cool. See them at:
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurfmexico/lst
in the "San Carlos" folder.
Let me know what you think,
Andres Santacruz

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Feb 22, 2002 9:23 am

nice spot.
why don't they kite?
you should go there next time!
:wink:

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:12 am

Toby,
It is pretty far away, the water is really cold, there are really big waves, sharks(great white), and we are just still not at that level. Someday maybe. I think people from California are starting to kite there.
It would be a great place for a competition.
Andres Santacruz

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:48 am

looks like a great place.
are there any towns around?
I think a comp place should be near bigger towns to attract more and more people to the sport. Why don't you organize something small like the first mexican kiteboard masters! Your chance to win a price! Make it open for international riders and you will have great advertising for the sport. And since you are the distributor for a lot of stuff it would help you too !!!
If you are getting a sponsor from the airlines make sure to get me a ticket :lol:

Cheers
Toby

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:53 pm

Toby,
We are going to have the first mexican kitesurf competition in Progreso, Yucatan, on March 14-17. It is sponsored by Cabrinha, Coca Cola, and Corona beer. It is open to international competitors. This spot is incredible, it has 15-25 knot sideshore all the time. Checko out http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/MXYN0119.html
it is the weather page for progreso, right now I think it is raining, but normally the wind starts late anyway, like 13:00. But look at the forecasts:20-30 mph winds.
Hope you can come. You should, Mexico is really cheap, registration to the event is only 22 us dollars, and includes a t-shirt, dinner, and entry to the event.
Come before miami toby,
Andres Santacruz

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:54 pm

Oh, and I think there isn't much close to San Carlos. It is five hours south of Ensenada, like 7-8 hours south of San Diego, California.
Andres

Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Freerider » Fri Feb 22, 2002 7:27 pm

When the copetition is on can you let us know of any pictures we can view over the web? Sounds good i have only kite surfed at Halfmoon (santa cruz) and over at Hatteras (north carolina) and i go to Florida for winter training. It would be good to see what the other competitors think of the spot! also do you know what the competition line up is?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:28 pm

what a pity :sad:
I can't go before end of March.
Would it have been after Miami, I would come over and show you guys how not to do it :wink:
Freerider is right, make sure you give us more information and pictures.
Also make sure to post this event and all info here at the forum with its own topic for others to see immediately.

Good luck with the event!

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Fri Feb 22, 2002 8:45 pm

have you guys ever ridden in la ventana? i'm going down there next winter and was wondering how it is. also, where are you from Freerider?

lndpnt
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby lndpnt » Sat Feb 23, 2002 5:55 pm

I was in San Carlos october 2000 and Chuck Patterson and Peter Trow were kiting everyday. The launch is pretty intimidating as there's a 12-15' cliff along the entire rather narrow beach. They were launching the kite from the cliff but the wind was real sketchy around them. Once on the water though, they were stealing the show.

San Carlos is 2 1/2 hours down a gnarlly dirt road from any kind of civilization, so it's mostly camping, but we managed to muscle our way in with an rental RV . (never did get the deposit back). Kevin Trejo at Solosports.net runs a great windsurfing operation there and takes care of the place. Campers pay a small nightly fee. Here's one of several photos posted at iWindsurf .com >photos. SanCarlos:

http://www.iwindsurf.com/community.iws? ... &pciID=519

Return to “Kitesurfing”