Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Snappy ComeBacks for KiteSurfers.

Forum for kitesurfers
Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Blow Me » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:40 pm

Ok, ok. So I'm sure We've ALL Been There. I mean I'm a Noob at this, (only had my kite for a little over a Month Now), and Today I think was the first time to my knowledge that I've had some DickHead at the beach throw at Stupid Comment at Me. Of course, he had to say it to my girl, and not to me when I'm 50 meters away getting ready to RollUp my Lines!

He Said something like. "Oh Whats Wrong, can't Play with your Toy!" and this is After he drove by (yeah thats right it was the LifeGuard that said this) and said "Oh, not Enough Wind Now Bloke!" Okay, I thought that this was totally innocent, and what not, but not after his second comment on the way back down the beach.

Yeah, I know its all good fun, and he was probably just a surfer having some fun...but I didn't know what to say (for one, I was 50 Meters away, and didn't find out what he said til I got back to My Girl) and 2, even if he said that to me where I could hear it, I don't know what I would of Said; being put on the spot like that!

So, Ok, My Question to All Kiters on Here is What is Your Come Back line to these Comments. I'm to new to the game to have any! ???

Cheers! :wink:

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:56 pm

think about karma.
there's the point when he and his 6.0 sail with the big board are lying around at the beach,
he and the other surfers sit around, waiting and forcing smalltalk while you have the time of your life.

when you ride around at a good, sunny day, a big grin in your face, most surfers will repeat it.
if they don't, be sure that these poor guys are full of envy.
a dedicated windsurfer's able to cope with kiters...

i always use to be friendly to these guys since we all want the same: some good time on the water.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:01 pm

Ok, I gotcha...but, is there AnyThing Wrong with TrashTalk, as Long as its in Good Fun? I mean this Guy (lifeguard) was talking trash, so am I supposed to sit there and take it?

Yeah, we're all there to have a good time on the water. :smile:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:01 pm

the only comments we get are,how much dose that thing cost?,is it hard to do?, where can i get one?,can i try it? no comeon let me just hold it!!

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:04 pm

On 2002-10-22 17:01, Blow Me wrote:
Ok, I gotcha...but, is there AnyThing Wrong with TrashTalk, as Long as its in Good Fun? I mean this Guy (lifeguard) was talking trash, so am I supposed to sit there and take it?

Yeah, we're all there to have a good time on the water. :smile:
hey blowme get a clue? he was talking to yor gal get it? talking to the gal getit? talking to the gal get it? its what blokes doooo!!!!

randykato
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Cabrinha. Lieuwe, Carved

Postby randykato » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:06 pm

best comeback is a nice big friendly smile...after all, you were out playing while he's driving on the beach. he's jealous and by smiling and showing him how much fun you're having it'll just eat him up - without giving him any further provocation.

besides, if it was a lifeguard, this is one of the last people you want to have problems with, even if he initiates it. you may need his help some day, and these guys report directly to the people who have the power to ban kiting at that beach.

instead, get on his good side. get him stoked on kiting and once he's hooked he'll have you to thank!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:09 pm

blow Me: just don't blow him !!!

I wouldn't listen. Just have in your mind what you will be able to do soon:
big airs, deadmans, rotations, one foots, waveridings etc.

You will have so much fun out there, even if you can't do all these tricks yet, that you will just smile and think to your self: if he would know what he is missing, he wouldn't need to talk trash!!!!

Stay above it and let people talk.

Toby

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:10 pm

Yeah, Ok. Thats Good Advice randy. I didn't say anything for one cuz I didn't hear him, and if I did I don't know what I would of said, cuz like the other post, I usually get the same. How much, where did you get this etc, etc. And yeah, I was thinking the same about smiling and stuff.

And BTW, My Girl, is actually My Wife! :wink:

Yeah, I don't want to get on AnyBody's BadSide Regardless. I just thought it was all in good fun.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:12 pm

Yeah...I'll Stay Above it and let People Talk.

Cheers.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:19 pm

When the wind is too weak try farting :grin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”