Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kitesurfbali » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:16 am

Hello again guys,I was not testing the x2 12 that I'm sure is a good kite but is small!!!
On the smaller category there are many good kite and most of all you have the wind.... the board used was an Underground Fridge Door, the attachment point was the one for more power....
Also I like to say something about attachment point! the new slingshot have 6!!!! what is going on with this guys??? maybe as they don't know were to put the right one they put them everywhere!!!!
Also if the kite is not good you can always said it was the wrong set up!!!
Now you can choose between 9 different set up.... by they time you try them all is time to buy a new kite........
Please let make things easy not more and more complicated. 2 rear attachment point are more then enough strong wind - light wind.
I will be away for a week in Sumbawa kiting in a secret spot.
So don't wait for my reply soon.
Bye Jankie

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:42 am

On 2002-10-23 01:31, aklbob wrote:
The low end on a 13.5 Ar5 is better than any of these, what's your point, does it make the Naish Ar5 better?
Lance seems to think so.......

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:49 am

On 2002-10-22 17:34, kitesurfbali wrote:
Hello everybody,
today we had a very interesting day here in sunny Bali. Trying to forget all the bad things caused by the bombing all the kitesurfer were at Kuta in 10-12 knots of wind. We all used about the same size of kite and same size of board so as the wind was not that exciting I decide to make some cross check testing. These are my impressions and the impressions of the other 2 friends.
Each kite was properly tuned as all of us as been flying it for quite some time.
The kite with more low end power was the AB followed very very closed by the Lift very far the X2, wile able to jump on the AB and Lift with the X2 we were struggling to stay up-wind.
The faster turning kite is the X2 then the AB and the Lift almost the same.
With the Lift you have to put more pressure on the bar for turning then the AB (without the bridle) lighter on the bar is the X2.
The X2 is wobbling a lot with all his 140 something panel, rocket struts and 7 bladder, better the AB and rock solid the Lift even with only 5 bladder.
End of the day 2 happy kite owner and one less happy.
My point is please being aware of some posting about how good is one kite and bla bla bla.
By the end I can say that is not such a great kite as many people said earlier when the kite was introduced to the public.
We know it can hold more wind but to be able to compare and sail with the other 2 kites we should have used a bigger size (18), then I think the range of the kite come back to about the same then the other 2.
So be aware of all new technologic shit they try to sell to you.
I know this post will start a war, but if you have a chance just try by yourself with your friends in your local beach.....
Bye Jankie

What kite did the "less than happy" guy use???

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:51 am

The 12m X2 is great in it's upper range.... fast and great lift.....

LIFT AND PULL ARE DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:54 am

Also I like to say something about attachment point! the new slingshot have 6!!!! what is going on with this guys??? maybe as they don't know were to put the right one they put them everywhere!!!!
Also if the kite is not good you can always said it was the wrong set up!!!
Now you can choose between 9 different set up.... by they time you try them all is time to buy a new kite........
Don't know about you guys but I'm all for having multiple attachment points... In saying this though the fast setting is really for gusty winds and the slow setting is for anything else.....

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:58 am

I usually just fiddle with the rear ones.... they make a difference.....

but let's be honest.... the best thing to do if you want a killer kite is get an old AR5 or ARX, stick betterns on it, and attach material to the underside..... giving it double skin,,,,,,,,,,

and then attach 20 different attachment points all along the each wingtip :smile: and we have our would beating ass kicking.... demon machine :smile:

!!!!!!!!!!!! BLOWN AWAY !!!!!!!!!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:02 am

On 2002-10-23 04:06, Anonymous wrote:
Whats the flatt area of a 16m x2? it's 16m isn't it? or 15.5 at least! so they were comparing kites of the same size Aklbob.

I can even tell you that here, 2 riders, same weight same board have tested 12.2lift vs 18m X2... the 12.2 still got going even earlier than the 18mx2. Then they swapped kites, the 12.2 still got going earlier than the 18m!

The X2 might jump wwell when powered, but thats about it, forget any lightwind range!
The X2 low end is for directionals and STRICTLY for directionals due to their speed.... The high end of the kite boosts great due to the wind handling ability.... I've never ever had my X2 jellyfish by the way... it's rock solid even in 25 knots....

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:17 am

Naish should put a "for directionals only" disclaimer in there stated low wind ranges then...

It's funny, a non naish kite comes along that has poor low end power - the naish heads say it's shit. A naish kite comes along with poor low end power and they all say, you need a directional to get the low end... do you need a specific directional or will any do?

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:47 am

A directionial will improve the low end of ANY kite.... but it's makes the most difference to top end kites like the X2.

If you have a directionial board and a wakeboard then the X2 offers big range... you can nearly get a 20 knot range out of the 12m X2.... It does have a good range due to it's no jellyfish and low drag construction combined with it's fast turning....

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:51 am

The other thing is that with kites like the X2 the upwind performance is really good. I've noticed that with the AERO the kite sits back more and you have to try harder to get upwind.... whereas powered with the X2 you go upwind whether you like it or not....

Return to “Kitesurfing”