Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

GirlFriends And Kitesurfing - Can they Co Exist ?

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:35 pm

One muust consider the big picture, honey this kite can't be right,can you fix it? I think my fins r wrong can you changum, you blow up my kite while i change, this is to big "lets" rig a smaller one. this kites to small "lets" rig a bigger one,Hey isn't that your gal down there waving at you to come help, I think this bar needs work, you pack up while i change. My wife dose not kite, thats ok with me. I love my wife, see thinks kiting is a little to intense for her, I resect that, life is good,be carefull what you wish for.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:40 pm

On 2002-10-23 19:35, fokiten wrote:
One muust consider the big picture, honey this kite can't be right,can you fix it? I think my fins r wrong can you changum, you blow up my kite while i change, this is to big "lets" rig a smaller one. this kites to small "lets" rig a bigger one,Hey isn't that your gal down there waving at you to come help, I think this bar needs work, you pack up while i change.

WOW, I know a guy like that. I couldn't deal with that type of wife. Mine is pretty independant, Italian too. Her grandmother is from Capri. I bet they have good kiting.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:01 pm

On 2002-10-23 18:58, jever98 wrote:
On 2002-10-23 18:55, Dwight wrote:
I do become very stressed out at the beach sometimes. I don’t like to see my wife taking risks. She has already dislocated her shoulder kiting, and broke her arm hang gliding. She’s had 2 knee operations. I’ve had my share of injuries too, but I don’t care about me.
Sounds radical...
I would feel guilty if my girlfriend asks me if its ok to go out (because she can't judge it and relies on me) and then something happens. Bad feeling...
Diwight, I think you left out the last half of my post, the part that says "I love my wife,I respect my wife,My wife dose not want to kite, that life is good."
"Broken? disloacated? stressed?" I don't like to see my wife taking risks"? How exactly do you feel your situation is supeirior?

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:08 pm

On 2002-10-23 20:01, fokiten wrote:
On 2002-10-23 18:58, jever98 wrote:
On 2002-10-23 18:55, Dwight wrote:
I do become very stressed out at the beach sometimes. I don’t like to see my wife taking risks. She has already dislocated her shoulder kiting, and broke her arm hang gliding. She’s had 2 knee operations. I’ve had my share of injuries too, but I don’t care about me.
Sounds radical...
I would feel guilty if my girlfriend asks me if its ok to go out (because she can't judge it and relies on me) and then something happens. Bad feeling...
Diwight, I think you left out the last half of my post, the part that says "I love my wife,I respect my wife,My wife dose not want to kite, that life is good."
"Broken? disloacated? stressed?" I don't like to see my wife taking risks"? How exactly do you feel your situation is supeirior?
I was not trying to say anything about you and your wife. I just thought it was funny that I knew a guy with a wife like you describe. He has to rig her stuff for her. You said your wife doesn't kite, so that is why I left off the other part of your message. Does this make sense?

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:12 pm

Re:
Mine is pretty independant, Italian too. Her grandmother is from Capri. I bet they have good kiting.
I dunno, she must've had some reson for moving to windy NC.
I agree though you can't beat them Tough Italian ladies.
One word of advice, never leave her, trample on her feelings or act the right bastard if you get me, or if you do go see a whitchdoctor straight after because over here they have this thing called "Ti mando un accidente" which means I'll send an accident your way, and it works too.
Two years ago I decided to leave my gal after she'd taken on me 3 kids, a mad scot and a psychopatic x buzzing around like a loopy queen bee, anyway I shit on her feelings, broke her heart as we guys do every now and then, and she sent me that accident. About one week after I started thinking with me dick it arrived in the shape of a 180km/h full frontal on me motorbike, caved the petrol tank in with me balls and spent 3 months in bed goin' ouch.
Well, after a kick in the nuts like that I learnt my leason, she forgave me and we are really happy now.
Btw scots must have high tensile steel balls 'cause everythin's still where it should be.
So, respect and be nice to your girls especially the tough Italian ones.
OJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-10-23 20:24 ]</font>

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:27 pm

I will tell my wife to read your message. That’s a funny story. We both moved to NC in search of better wind. Life is too short to live where the wind doesn’t blow. We’ve been chasing wind our whole lives.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:52 pm

With 7 wives and 5 mistresses it proves that kitesurfing can be an integral part a persons love life....

BLOWN AWAY :evil: :evil:

naufragado
Rare Poster

Postby naufragado » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:03 pm

Your girl doesn't have to like kitesurfing to enjoy going to the beach. Mine is always saying "kiting sucks, but a sunset and an apree-kite drink is great; or kiting sucks but beach barbeques are great; or kiting sucks, but catching rays is great;" or I'm sure if we lived in GA it would be "kiting sucks, but reggea partys are hellacool."

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:04 pm

WOW you all seem to have pretty understanding girlfriends your lucky. my girlfriend hates me spending so much time kiting. Last week I had to give my girlfriend money to go shopping so that i could sneak out and going kiting. But on a different note most of you are forgetting the 2 most important things.

1. if your girlfriend is out kiting who will have the food and the warm whiskies ready when you go home. (especially needed in these cold winter months.

2.How long would it be before she has got you flying a pink kite with a big heart saying how much you love each other.

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:24 pm

If your girl gives you shit over kiting it might be because you can be more passionate over a traction kite than over her.
If the wind's up no dice, but on a no wind day and at night, show her you can be just as passionate with her

Return to “Kitesurfing”