Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

GirlFriends And Kitesurfing - Can they Co Exist ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:30 pm

On 2002-10-23 21:24, Mr Jo Macdonald wrote:
If your girl gives you shit over kiting it might be because you can be more passionate over a traction kite than over her.
If the wind's up no dice, but on a no wind day and at night, show her you can be just as passionate with her
Is that you "DR Phill"? OPRAH

Taina Kite
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Taina Kite » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:47 pm

I think girlfriends And Kitesurfing can co-exist, of course i am a kitesurfer and so is my boyfriend but I believe that depends of how strong is you relationship, how much time you put into it and how special you make her feel.

Good winds,
Tai

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taina Kite on 2002-10-23 21:49 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:48 pm

I think it completely depends upon the woman. I had always thought it would be wonderful to be with someone who could share my passions, Windsurfing and Kiting. A recent relationship almost had me give up my 20+ year love of the wind. Without going into details, I'll just say that mixing the two isn't always the bliss it may seem. Before you risk damaging the thing that all of us love like nothing else, make sure the relationship is super healthy. I'll stop before I go off...

Treat your passions as sacred ground, for they are what give us life.

WildThang
Medium Poster

Postby WildThang » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:04 pm

I think the point is not so much kiting vs. girlfriend/wife, but rather if you have a balance between the time away from each other and the quality time together. I'm with Tampa Johnny in a way because I think everyone needs feels his own time doing his own stuff. I envy Dwight because he is married to an x-treme woman!

I'm going on 7 years of marriage and feel lucky I have a wife that lets me: Kite, windsurf, snowboard, fish, hunt, dive, and generally do things that completely consume me (I don't seem to dabble in anything).

Some of the things we do together, some not. I think I just have to remind myself from time to time that I need to put into my marriage the same level of commitment, fanaticism and enthusiasm as I have for all my activities. If you do that, you'll be dialed. If you don't see it that way, you run the risk of your significant other feeling slighted and second best.

I wish all of you a rich and balance life!

-Eric

Marley
Medium Poster

Postby Marley » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:11 pm

It is really tough. And if it is really tough then its not the right mate. It can definately co-exist but it helps to find the dream girl.

Blow Me
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Blow Me » Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:40 am

My Wife, and I started at the same time. While I have some more expirience then her she is still stoked. She had her first taste of the Air a couple weex back, and Craves More.

I do worry about her a little bit though as I know she gets flustered sometimes and sometimes makes panicky irrational movements. I think with some time, she will learn to think, and be incontrol.

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:04 am

On 2002-10-23 20:27, Dwight wrote:
I will tell my wife to read your message. That’s a funny story. We both moved to NC in search of better wind. Life is too short to live where the wind doesn’t blow. We’ve been chasing wind our whole lives.
Dwight,
MAJOR respect for that! That's the kind of dedication you don't mess with :wink: Like a friend said to me: "It's good that your girlfriend kites, since otherwise, it would have been a real mess, you're just to addicted". I guess the same goes for you!

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:18 pm

Reading all your replies it definatly seems that there is a way to have more than one love in your life, and if as much attention and love goes into your relatioship as does into your kiting, then hey - it can work. I have to say though that living in te uk and my fiance is an art historian, makes things difficult in as much as her free time is dedicated to art interests while mine to wind interests and the 2 dont mix. She wont learn to kite because she thinks she is clumsy and to add insult to injury , she is greek and certainly doesnt see the use of a wetsuit as a great benefit.

In other words I'm buggered and have to continue to try to balance my job / fiance / kiting and everything else that one must do to survive.

Or move to Greece. mmmm.

I wish she'd just open her mind to it. she loves beaches and sun and beautiful scenery, but now if I mention the word kite, she turns off.

a friend of mine suggested that if she wrapped herself up naked in my kite maybe I'd find her more attractive and seductive. Oh dear. I got problems - taina - you seem to be the only lass around here. What would you do.

Mr Mac- you might remember me as Radox :wink:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:39 pm

The Rocket man no less. Ronnie I reckon you should be able to get yer girl into the artistic side of kites, after all they're very graceful things. The masters used to paint sailing vessels in storms.
Ok, so most peolle just see them as big playhtings or sports equipment but anyone whose flown a traction kite can apreciate the grace of that enourmously powerfull wing flying through the sky.
Or just get really hot at sex, after 20 multiple orgasms there ain't many girlz who would have enough breath left to complain that you're going kiting, maybe you could go for a trade off, one multiple orgasm for every hours kiting, there are worse deals in life.
You can tell how you're doing because if you're keeping the score and she's sleepin a lot, you're doing ok and can do loads of kiting, if she's keeping the score you got sum more fuckin to do.
Hang time
OJ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-10-24 14:42 ]</font>

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:27 pm

Cheers Jo - wise words from tha master himself. I WILL Give it a try and let you know next week. One question - how do i get her to come to Tenerife with me for a week then ? My mate has free accom in el medano and I'm travelling alone. I'd prefer to be with some one.

I'll break my dick for that one!

Return to “Kitesurfing”