Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is the Outback M-I Interceptor a good board?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Squire
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Squire » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:30 pm

I just found a great deal on the OutBack M-I Interceptor. I'd be using it almost exclusively for kiting. Is this a good choice?
Thanks

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:31 am

I had an Outback 122 LE (until it was stolen). It rocked for freeride kiteboarding. It's weight, length and wide track with 12.5" wheels made it fast, very stable and good over bumps. It tracked well, especially upwind (heelside or toeside). I could handle lots of power on it too
(riding on short, cut grass ball fields with a Peter Lynn Arc 1120 in 17 Knot gusts, I weight 165lbs). If the power got to be too much, I could still slide out the back wheel to point upwind so high that I would slow to a crawl or stop. I loved the way it felt to carve a turn on it. You can carve as wide or as tight a turn as your skill /balls will allow.

It is also the best board to learn to ride a 2-strap directional kitesurf board with. You can ride it toe-side very easily or learn to do step-gybes (where you step around on the board from toe-side to ride on your heel side) on it.

It's a directional, and possibly too heavy, big, and stiff for good freestyle riding. Although, I did not have an opportunity to fully explore this area.

Outback 122

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:11 am

I agree about Outback boards. I got one and loved it so much I bought another just to have when I wear my first one out.

This board is in another league when compared to other manufacturers for kiteboarding. A friend of mine gave his mbs and mongoose boards away when he saw me on the Outback and bought one for himself.

For downhill, the Outback is amazing. The only drawback it has is that it is super-fast. It will kill you if you are stupid. My first downhill ride was on a river valley road behind a big dam. I will never again ride downhill without a helmet!

Travis

Return to “Snow / Land”