Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best yarga 15 or nemesis 16?

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
gdorfman
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best yarga 15 or nemesis 16?

Postby gdorfman » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:16 pm

do people recommend a yarga 15 or nemesis 16 as my biggest kite? i am 143pounds--65kg, and have an underground flx 122, and am getting a skimboard for the lightest days. i have noticed that i prefer my med. A/R kites to my high aspect kite because they turn faster and just feel more fun. my high aspect 12M feels too much like getting pulled by a speedboat when i'm overpowered in chop. should the yarga 15 with a skimboard (cabal sx 51) be sufficient for light wind days? i'd also like to spend more time in waves, and my sense is that the yarga is better suited to that. since i'm light, it seems to make sense to ride a 15 when most people would be on 16s. thoughts?

thanks.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am

sounds like you'd be much better suited to the yarga than the nemesis, the solid pull of the yarga is more suitable to the type of riding you will be doing, depower on both kites is about the same. the nemesis jumos higher and longer but requires more rider skill to get the best out of it.

the yargas are just super easy to fly with plenty of performance, i prefer yargas for all but my biggest kite.

Return to “Reviews”