Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

UDS

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Searcher
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UDS

Postby Searcher » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:09 pm

Anyone out there have trouble with the UDS? Releasing, depowering, that sticky knot thing...?

colonwk
Rare Poster

yes...

Postby colonwk » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:03 pm

yeah, mine releases sometimes when I try to depower a lot, then i have to crash the kite, spend hours untagling. I am learning to kite, but still find this system very unreliable - almost dangerous.

Have you learned any tricks to make it work?

noody
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby noody » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:28 pm

I thought it was me. One thing about this forum is the wide range of opinion.

My UDS would not release, got stuck on the ? I dont know. It got stuck a lot and I got dragged a few times.

When I asked questions everyone suggested I was at fault because of my stage of learning.

I am not using Naish anymore. Now I use Wipika Matrix with the Fifth. Brilliant!

aero_boy
Medium Poster

Postby aero_boy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:15 am

I don't like some things about my UDS but I seem to be stuck on the free bar feeling, going back to my normal naish bar seems too restrictive. Hmm..

Some tips:
To stop it releasing accidently, push the release tube away (up) when running your lines out & again just after launch. After this it should stay in place all session.

If it does release accidently, hold the bar. Sometimes it might catch you out but you can normally feel it begin to go. Grab the bar tight then. Fly the kite down to the water on one side (towards the surf side this will work in SMALL surf, in flat/choppy water this always works) Land the kite on its side in the water. Let go of top side of bar, keep it turned into the water. Hold bottom of bar with elbow or between your knees & use your 2 free hands to fix release. Grab bar, turn kite up off water, ride away...

Return to “Reviews”