Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteboarding Water Cameras?

Lots of valuable articles from Rick Iossi, FKA Inc.
RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Kiteboarding Water Cameras?

Postby RickI » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:39 pm

Pako wrote:I am looking for light waterfproof digital camera to carry and take pictures while on the water. No case and easy to operate with one hand.
Serious consideration of course is Sony DCS 60U, but there should be a new model out soon? Also there are Ffreefire EC300,
Pentax Optio 33 or 43 WR available.
Any ideas or info on new models.

Life is adventure,

Pako
paap@paap.ee
http://www.paap.ee
Well IF you want to carry the camera while kiteboarding, I don't risk the more expensive, fragile digital cameras that I use on land and in UW housings. Most of the cameras that I have owned will break if you look at them hard cross-eyed, they are fairly touchy. I use something like the following:

You can pick them up for around $9. to $17. USD and they actually do a fairly good job. You do have to scan the images or have a photo CD prepared. The images do look like they have been digitized but it is hard to beat the convenience and price.

Here are a few shots out of them:

Fuji and Kodak make a variety of throw away UW cameras and the image quality is better than I would expect from such a camera. Stick it in a belt pouch so it doesn't get tangled in lines, a bad thing, and pull it out for snaps on the fly when you want to.

Return to “FKA, RickI”