Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha surface to air

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:32 pm

Anybody ride one of these boards?

I ride a Mutant, but I use it purely as a directional, so I'm thinking I might as well just get on a true directional and get a flatter rocker for better speed and low end range.

I also have a RRD 5'2" directional, but it has too much volume to be effective.

Any comments?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:11 pm

try a twin tip, try a wake style, try everything you can, be a imformed buyer.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:59 pm

I have tried twin tips, I'm not a fan of them.

I like the grip & power that a Mutant gives, I also enjoyed my old directional (6'6"!) but that is now waaay to big and floaty for what I'm looking for. So that's why I was asking about the Surface to Air, seems like a low volume directional.

Hell, maybe I'll just have to get one and then tell YOU guys about it, instead of asking...

:wink:

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:21 pm

The 4,8 Mutant from naish, is a TRUE direktional....

And very easy too sail "backwards".

I love it, becouse i have a direktional, whit potensial for TT...

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:48 pm

If you perfer a directional board, you won't find a better one than the Surface To Air. I personally have the 5.5. It edges great, smooth in the water, and can have a very "surfy" feel if you wish. It is also bombproof. As the majority in the sport have moved from diretionals to twins,etc. you should be able to pick up a STA very cheap. Although I still have my STA, I am currently riding the 138Vari Pro.
Have fun with your STA...Steve

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 6:05 pm

Thanks Steve.

Yes, that's why I was asking about the board, as I found a very inexpensive one $299 brand new.

I might as well give it a whirl!

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:02 pm

Yeah I wanted a surface to air too, Cabrinha maui is blowing em out for 299.00 I put my order in for the 5.5 It sounds like you want the 4-10 which is a two strap model.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 12:59 am

OK, I'm the 1st Anon who started the thread.

I just ordered that bad boy up!

Too bad it's getting damn cold here in Boston!

Maybe Indian Summer will blow through sometime. Or maybe I'll have to take a little trip somewhere to check it out.
:smile:

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:02 am

My 4"10" surface to air is my No 1 strong wind board.
You can dig that rail in no matter what, just as if you were in boots on a wake, but with more grip thanks to the fins.
Good wind
Nico

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:21 am

Maybe I should have bought the 4-10 instead of the 5-5? I however after riding a two strap "hammer board" found I always twisted my foot in the front strap and wasn't sure I would like that all the time. Will I eventually want a 4-10 or can you hang onto the 5-5 in pretty rough conditions? I'm hoping it improves my range as I currently ride the 6.6 autopilot and the prankster 150
Any comments?

Jeff

Return to “Kitesurfing”