Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F.One 2003 photos: Mach2, Dream, Magic2 (@toby)

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:10 pm

If it's not Dacron, I won't buy it.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:08 pm

I don't care what it is made of, I know that it rocks..
I've flown the 12er today.nearly as much depower as the 2001er, much more low end power..gigantic Lift..

I don't care what north makes better, I've flown both the Rhino2 and the Mach2 and the MAch2 is moge fun,you have as much power and Lift but more control

Buzzy

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:45 pm

I have three mach1 kites. I've use them for 10 months. At least five times a week. All my kites are still in 100% condition. Only some stains here and there from the ground. i have never had a leak in the bladders.
These kite are not made made dacron but they are holding up 100%. were i surf we also have a lot of cabrinha and takoon's and they start to break much faster than my F-one's. and they are made of dacron. So as you can see it's not only the material they use but it is also how they use it. (stiching ect.)

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:33 pm

Dwight
Go kiting if you can kite. with your North
If a kite is good for you then it is good

francky
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby francky » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:53 pm

hello
Buzzy what do you mean by almost as depower than 2001 ???
I was thinking about selling my 12 mach1 to get the 12 mach2 but as it's my smallest kite i'm worrying about beeing able to go out in strong winds .. Big difference ?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:08 am

..no not much..i had no Problems in 7bft gusts with the 12, I would say it has ass much Depower, but it has just more power to be depowered..you know what I mean..but it's no issue...

you will love the kite, I loved my the Mach1 and I love the Mach2..

compared to the GXR..the GXR is a bit more forgiving in the air and in transiotons, it has a more "supportive" feel in the air, while the Mach1 is just a pure racing machiene, lots of Dpeower, very fast, HUGE lift..wow was I hih with that kite..
don't know what I love more the GXR or the MACH2..the mach2 is definatly easier to hanlde overpowered, but due to its fast flying, timing is a bit more difficult than with the GXR...
nevertheless I am in love with the 12 haven't flown the others...go for it

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:41 am

On 2002-10-26 02:08, Anonymous wrote:
..no not much..i had no Problems in 7bft gusts with the 12, I would say it has ass much Depower, but it has just more power to be depowered..you know what I mean..but it's no issue...

you will love the kite, I loved my the Mach1 and I love the Mach2..

compared to the GXR..the GXR is a bit more forgiving in the air and in transiotons, it has a more "supportive" feel in the air, while the Mach1 is just a pure racing machiene, lots of Dpeower, very fast, HUGE lift..wow was I hih with that kite..
don't know what I love more the GXR or the MACH2..the mach2 is definately easier to hanlde overpowered, but due to its fast flying, timing is a bit more difficult than with the GXR...
nevertheless I am in love with the 12 haven't flown the others...go for it
Kites are becoming more alike each year. In 2002 there were kites with very THIN fast profiles that gave great depower, but jumps that didn't hang as good as they could. They also didn't have light wind power like they could.

There were kites the complete opposite too. Huge light wind power, good hang time, but poor depower. These kites all have THICKER profiles.

In 2003 we are hearing the THIN profile kites have improved their weaknesses. The THICK profile kites have improved their weaknesses. These two opposing design types are coming closer together. Kites are more alike in 2003 than 2002.

F-one, Airush, Wipika, Takoon are thin profile kites. Slingshot, North, Gaastra are thicker profile kites. This is why some people like different brands. It suits their riding style better. In 2003 it should be less important to know your style. Although I still wouldn't mix a quiver of kites from these different design styles, at least not yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dwight on 2002-10-26 03:47 ]</font>

Vangelis
Medium Poster

Postby Vangelis » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:29 pm

Can anyone from F-One comment on this thread's comments?
I liked my Mach-1 9.1 last year and I would like to get a better understanding on how they improved the performance, handling and durability for the Mach-2.
Thanks,
V

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:52 pm

Does the Mach2 have carbon tips at the end

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:32 pm

does anyone know when they will come out to the public. I can't wait too long for my Mach2

Return to “Kitesurfing”