Windwing SAFE system illustration

Forum for kitesurfers
Spencer
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Spencer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:39 am

Oops, I can't figure out how to make the picture show up in the message. You can either paste the link into a new browser window, or just click on my profile to see the drawing.

phpbb/images/photos/04f2b1384179aef29069e.gif

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:41 am

Windwing R+D wrote: Our 2005 designs are also based on developing a higher ratio of projected to actual area which means you can use a smaller flat area to achieve the same lift and performance of a larger kite. This saves weight and adds to speed, maneuverability and efficiency. To do this, an enhanced structure is needed to support the higher projected area.
Windwing R+D wrote: Neither model (Rage II and Outrage) are backline fliers and they are most certainly 'top line' kites. The sheeting pressure on a kite is a function of many parameters effecting pitching moment such as foil profile, planform, canopy curve, wingtip width and center of pressure distribution. The load transfer is accomplished by using an extended range bar such as those shown in the pictures.
Bill,

I'm glad to hear about the technical details.

I'm pleased the Windwing SAFE system still having the front line flying aspect design.

With the higher ratio of projected to actual area and the SAFE system with JumpStart appears to be,
Windwing has a lot of advantages over other major brands :thumb:

Congratulation

DrLW
Last edited by DrLightWind on Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:51 am

I second that DrL ...... nice innovation guys ! :thumb:

Spencer
Medium Poster

Postby Spencer » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:43 pm

Windwing R+D wrote:All 2005 Windwing kites have our new 'monocoque' construction where the tubes are uniform curves with integral connections rather than 'segmented' construction which is a combination of linear or flat surfaces.
I'm not sure if this is actually an innovation. All kites used to have leading edges that were uniform curves. Then in late 2001 or 2002 I think it was North/Ken Winner who came up with the segmented leading edge. It was so much stronger and stiffer that all the other major brands copied it, and it was a big selling point.

Spencer

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:37 pm

Spencer wrote:
Windwing R+D wrote:All 2005 Windwing kites have our new 'monocoque' construction where the tubes are uniform curves with integral connections rather than 'segmented' construction which is a combination of linear or flat surfaces.
I'm not sure if this is actually an innovation. All kites used to have leading edges that were uniform curves. Then in late 2001 or 2002 I think it was North/Ken Winner who came up with the segmented leading edge. It was so much stronger and stiffer that all the other major brands copied it, and it was a big selling point.

Spencer
Hypo-speak my man,

Get with the program, the idea here is not only to be NEW and different, but better by design,>please note: all other 5 line systems are said to wobble and spiral out of control.

quote r/d> 3) When deployed, the kite will become unstable, wobble and spiral downwind like a 5 line system. <end quote

This is war my man and hypo-speak is the weapon of choice.

I'm keeping score, and giving props, usually the generals will get careless and launch one too many mis-tells.

Then it's my turn :wink:

Let's see how it plays out

fokiten

larryxxx
Frequent Poster

Postby larryxxx » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:15 pm

wind wings have seem to been on top of change but i still don't see them out and about.I have seen more prototypes than i have seen productions on the water. In oregon one would think that we would see more around not to many places sell these thing that I have seen. I hope they can get some marketing done so we all could see and talk to some of the pilots.it seems that they are on to something with this latest setup. bob send me down a few kites and our locals will try them out and get the word out :) . Its a slingshot world out here now and change is always good for the experience. :thumb:

Yellowbluff
Rare Poster

Postby Yellowbluff » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:50 pm

Would anyone care to explain the Windwind “Pulley barâ€

Windwing C+S
Frequent Poster

Postby Windwing C+S » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:54 pm

[quote="Yellowbluff"]Would anyone care to explain the Windwind “Pulley barâ€

gottmoore
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gottmoore » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:45 pm

Bill and Windwing-

Great job on the innovation
simple is always so elegant

and the realease
you guys did a first rate job
and its showing-
its really good to have you return to the forum!
Thanks

Time to roll out the marketplace strategy....

eutanator
Frequent Poster

Postby eutanator » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:09 pm

I'm so stoked about the news that Flash joined WW team!!!! that's incredible! This guy (I've meet him once) is for me a real soul rider, a man that is in this sport from the beggining and just because he loves the air, the water - simple it's his passion. For sure he don't piss nobody and itself too.

great, great news - damn - now I'm sure I need to give a try to those kites!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”