Forum for snow- and landkiters
Airhead
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Airhead » Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:58 am

Can anyone help

There is a group of us coming over for the Red Bull KiteFreeze from the UK and we need some ideas on where to stay has anyone got any info on this ?

If you have please email Andy@air-head.com or post here

Big thanks
Andy

rsalzman
Rare Poster

Postby rsalzman » Sat Oct 26, 2002 11:41 pm

Bring the warmest damn clothes you own. Lots of them. Minnesota in January! It doesn't get much colder than that. They sure got the name right. I can't help you with the rest of your question. Have fun.

Windancer
Medium Poster

Postby Windancer » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:58 pm

I live in the Twin Cities and will be working with Red Bull to bring this event to life.
The temps in January can be anything from 35F to -20F so bring lots of layers. Even when it's cold we still usually have bright blue sunny skys.
Let me know your price range and I can help you find a place to stay. The kiting community is so stoked here you may be able to find someone to let you crash at their house if your strapped for cash. I'd offer though my house is tiny and under rehab. Post something to my website Chat section in Community ( http://www.windancing.com) if interested. You can also monitor our weather there.
The Freeze site is about 10 miles out of downtown Minneapolis, and I know one of the parties is going to be downtown. Not sure if there will be a shuttle from Wayzata. Depending upon where you stay you may not need a car.
At http://www.redbullkitefreeze.com they suggest the Sheriton West is giving discounts for Kitefreeze competitors.
We're stoked to make this an awesome event.
Looking forward to riding with some new faces.

Let me know if we can provide any other info.

Airhead
Frequent Poster

Postby Airhead » Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:12 pm

Guy's

thanks for the reply I'm checking out flights at the moment but I am looking forward to getting out there in mid Jan for a blast.

If anyone else has any helpfull ips please let mw know.

Andy

Return to “Snow / Land”