Auto Gust Pilot...any ideas????

Forum for kitesurfers
jed
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jed » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:36 am

i just read in another tread about a piece of foam on the depower line on a psycho that acts like a shock absorber for gusts, sounds pretty cool. has anyone tried this kinda thing on an LEI.

Maybe 2004 will bring flexible carbon bars that twist off to let the kite breath in gusts, just like a high carbon windsurf mast??

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:52 am

Would this act any differently than just using a nice stiff rubber bungee in place of your static loop on your bar? With this, you can hook into chicken loop and bungee, and have a shock absorber for the gusts...not to mention it would make the bar a bit easier to pull back into full power position.

I haven't tried what you described, but I have done what I described.

Johnny

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:32 am

Does this system actually work any better?

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:41 am

I hesitate to point out that your arms are the most sophisticated shock absorbing multi sensitive utra hy tech connection possible between you and your kite, get some bridals, push the hard loop away, and get down and learn what true feel is all about, Or slap a bugee on your rig and go on thinking you are ahead of the curve, There is a pretty good chance that if your hard loop dependent the bungee will prove to be smarter than you so this may indeed be a significant improvement for you. Best of luck with that rubber brain!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-28 01:10 ]</font>

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:23 am

My bar has a bungie loop that not only assist on holding the bar, it is attached to the depowerline and make the depower rotate as a unit with the bar for a 99% working spinning leash system. Sure it is not perfect but is very safe and confortable.
If you want to take a look:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/ ... g%20leash/

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:13 am

hernan i checked out your bar,I quess the idea is to have leach system?
I use a grab leach while kiting,and have the option of cliping in to the leach if i feel like it, I still have a hard loop for saftey,if my shackle fails i still have a place to hook in and work the depower, and reshackle, what would you do if your shackle failed? just wondering seems like you have given this some thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-28 06:16 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:15 am

Nobody has actually answered the question!

Mike

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:04 am

""I use a grab leach while kiting,and have the option of cliping in to the leach if i feel like it, I still have a hard loop for saftey,if my shackle fails i still have a place to hook in and work the depower, and reshackle, what would you do if your shackle failed?"

I am not with grab leashes. I dont need a fixed loop, the bungie is enough. The shackle is very dependable, but just in case, flying the kite low to the edge will easy enough the pull of the kite to re-shackle and I can also hook tha bungie in the harness hook..

Return to “Kitesurfing”