Forum for travel reports and travel questions
fbianchini
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite in Cartagena, Colombia

Postby fbianchini » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:02 pm

I'd like to know any information about kitesurf in Cartagena Colombia?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:08 pm

I was there for a week in february, three years ago, non for kiting but I remember that the wind blows every day side shore about 20 knots, the water is very choppy and brown colored beacause of the dark sand.
The beach in front of the Las Americas resort is very good for kiting, wide and few people on the beach.
If i remember well the las Americas is the only hotes suitable for kite because in directly on the sandy beach, Hilton and other hotel closest to the town are not good for kite.
Nightlife is great and the town of Cartagena is very beatiful, from the Las Americas you have to take a taxi (about 10 min.) but is not expensive.

Silversurfer

windwalker

Cartagena kiteboarding

Postby windwalker » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:16 pm

cartagena is a really nice place to kiteboard i used to live there and started in the sport about 3 and a half years, the sports in cartagena are very extensive for you hace a lot of kilometers of nice side shore constant wind arround 20 to 26 knots in this season and until june or so. if anyone needs info about kiteboarding in cartagena you are more than welcome to write to me at camilo_benedetti@hotmail.com

Return to “Travel”