I flew the 20m Rhino2

Forum for kitesurfers
madcowboy
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby madcowboy » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:14 am

Hey Dwight how are you tall and heavy for cruising with 6 knots, did you go also upwind with it?

nicolasc
Rare Poster

Postby nicolasc » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:04 am

hello everybody. From a long time, I'm really suprised about guys who post mail because they tried a kite with 6knots on the beach. You can't know any property in these conditions specially because it's a static condition. The kite speed is really higher during a ride compare to a fly on the beach, it's the same for the turning speed the high end, the hang time... Be careful about your opinions, some people read your impressions and I'm not sure you can't have an objective feeling with your tests. And for me there are too much post like this. Have fun and good ride. Nicolas

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:09 pm

Quote:
"Can there can one Rhino II topic that doesn't have something about the X2. Ya, we all know that it is a good kite so stop bring it up everytime something comes up about Rhino II or any other kite "

We are taking about how big kite behave and sharing experiences.
Why dont you look for some grass and try to write your post again!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:42 pm

So can these kites fly with 6 knots or not?
We want facts not bulls.....

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:21 am

We'll see what kite kicks ass when they are all used on the water at the same time in sub 10 knots......

But don't forget the effect the board makes as well....

I love seeing bummed out wakeboarders sitting on the beach in 8 knots with their 20m X2's waiting for the wind to pickup....

....at the same time I'm screaming along with my AERO 20 and 6ft directional....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:24 am

With all this talk about fast 20m kites I wonder if we may be seeing the return of the big mutha kites like 24m and maybe even 30m.....

Could be interesting with a kite like the AERO II or 2003 Slingshot...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:12 am

Hi Dwight:

Do you have some riding info on the 20? Range, bar pressure, air speed, board needed, etc? Your feedback can be of much utility.

Thanks!

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:58 am

Blownaway, someone's gonna come and kick your Aero20's ass with a Rhino someday soon, just cause oyu have a 20m doesn't mean it's the best thng since sliced bread.. ps how much fun do you really have in 8 knots, not much you can do...and everyone else is powered in 9 or 10, and tricking....

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:59 am

Fast kites rock in light wind, faster the better, thats how you get power, slow kites usck in light wind..

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:12 am

I rode the 20m in 10 to 13 knots last Friday. It turns like a smaller kite. It jumps like a smaller kite. I got some big jumps in those winds that hung forever. It jumped way better than anything I ridden or seen so far in winds that light. It was really fun. It did not go upwind as good as my 18 meter kite, at my weight. I was told the power was kept high so heavier kiters would have a really good kite. Mid-weight riders might prefer the 18m for all around performance. It's the first big kite that really performs like a kite should.

Return to “Kitesurfing”