Quick Release Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
Freerider
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Freerider » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:26 pm

Hey guys, The locking works by using a flat length of rubber hard topside rigded on the bottom. The ridges lock onto a bar welded on the underside of the bar. It works great you can lock the bar into as much or as little power as you want not like the wipika system using friction this has a positive locking feel. The quick release works good it totally releases 100% even with sand all clogged in. The shop which i ride for in England sells the bar and after talks with wind designs (uk distributor) there are plans to send this product to the European market so you guys should have it in your shops over the next couple of months. Hope this has helped!!

Freerider
Medium Poster

Postby Freerider » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:31 pm

Also guys the bar can be unlocked just by pushing as the ridges are deformable. The tube in the middle is there as the rope that makes up the chicken loop is held in place that is why you get that tube in the middle. The retail price in the uk is £139.99.

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:06 pm

£139 ponds it.
Wow that is not cheap it dose look like a nice bar thought .Is that for the free floater or the other one ,the lock in power one.
Could you let go and pull off a dead man with out is sliping or do you have to keep pursure on it to hold it in lock?.

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:07 pm

£139 ponds it.
Wow that is not cheap it dose look like a nice bar thought .Is that for the free floater or the other one ,the lock in power one.
Could you let go and pull off a dead man with out is sliping or do you have to keep pursure on it to hold it in lock?.

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ptraykovski » Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:07 am

Yeah my wipika bar slips when doing a deadman and depowers the kite when I need it to stay powered most. It goes from a deadman to pelican man (head first into the water..arghhh) real fast.

ptraykovski
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ptraykovski » Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:11 am

woops, forgot to ask which shop is that in UK who sell them??

Freerider
Medium Poster

Postby Freerider » Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:03 pm

No problems with daedmen lifts the bar will stay locked in without slipping! The price is for the locking bar and my shop sells it in the uk Force nine kites in clacton. give the shop a call i only ride for them so i am not sure what they have in the way of stock! The phone number is (0) 1255 221 059.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:07 pm

Anybody know an online store to buy this product from? The S2 site doesn't seem to be responsive.

Freerider
Medium Poster

Postby Freerider » Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:56 pm

Yep! Check out my company that i ride for they have the bar in stock at http://www.kitesurfing.co.uk send an e-mail as the images have not been put on and the guys at the store will tell you all about what sizes they are and the cost and also shipping charges. they inform me that they can ship anywhere in the world.

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:35 pm

Hi freeride dose the bar still work as a free floating system or do you have to lock it in spostion when rideing ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”