Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Jumping Technique - Depower or not?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:17 pm

During lift you pull the bar to max. power, for the gliding phase / air time what is better:

- keep it at max. power until just before landing???

or

- depower to some extent???

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:34 pm

My experiences says, that you go blasting almost fully depowered with max. speed without losing your edge - then full power just on takeoff so you'll get "blown" up - then ease out a little so the kite does not loose speed - and then full power again in the soaring phase, just until landing approaches - where you ease out again.

This way I get the highest and longest jumps with my Airblasts !

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:54 pm

On 2002-10-27 16:34, Peter_Frank wrote:
My experiences says, that you go blasting almost fully depowered with max. speed without losing your edge - then full power just on takeoff so you'll get "blown" up - then ease out a little so the kite does not loose speed - and then full power again in the soaring phase, just until landing approaches - where you ease out again.

This way I get the highest and longest jumps with my Airblasts !
So you depower just a little between lift and gliding / soaring phase?

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:26 pm

What is the chicken loop and bar control technic on the F-12 Arc for jumping?
Bela

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:29 pm

Didn't someone say you pump the bar on the psycho to get higher, longer jumps? Maybe this works with our kites too.
Jo

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:07 pm

As one who loves to make a point, IT IS CLEAR THE BEST RIDDERS USE THE TRIM LOOP WHILE JUMPING, HEY you fixed loop freaks who have told me over and over that you are more advanced and that it is OK, I could jump in the trim loop if, I felt it was easier for me, WHAT DID YOU SAY AGAIN? Im listening! UGOTALUVIT Thick as mollassos in january and just as silent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fokiten on 2002-10-27 22:25 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:56 pm

like peter said, sheet in on take off, let it out a little when turning the kite forward again - gives a faster turn, keeps more power than if you stall the kite out during the turn, then sheet back in for the trip back down to the water will give you more glide...

Return to “Kitesurfing”