Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Upwind quiz

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:36 pm

I can go upwind only one way, when I go goofy (the odd feelin stance way) I go twice as far downwind as I got upwind - so i thought how about goin twice as far out upwind and coming half the way back, sounds okay - but hangon I'll be well off shore after a few runs - Perhaps if I keep repeating I'll do a full circle - but I guess the wind won't. Confused? I am.

Cheers, The walker

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:46 pm

huh?

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:05 pm

dude, everyone has his swwet and sour side.
strangely enough, i use to stand goofy on snowboard, skateboard and longboard, but kitesurfing, regular stance's my better one.

check your legs and foot pressure when riding the good side and after jibing.
i suppose your right foot in the back the better one?

in most cases, you don't have enough pressure on the left foot when you go the other way.
it has to be the same, only mirrored.

and:
twist your legs a bit that the knees point into the direction you're going, that'll help edging, too.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:14 pm

yep, I think i dont have enuff pressure on the left foot goin goofy - or its weak, Considering hopping around on it for a while to strengthen it up - should confuse the neighbours too..

Cheers, The Walker

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:59 pm

Practice makes perfect..... I have the same problem when jumping... I jump good with natural stance but pretty cruddy with goofy stance..... however it's getting better with practice....

BLOWN AWAY :cool:

Return to “Kitesurfing”