Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish ARX 15.5

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:51 pm

I am new to this great sport and just bought some used kites 97.5, 11.5, 15.5). Yesterday I tried out the 15.5 and found it to be really slow in 12-15 knots. I am no heavyweight (185 lbs), but could barely get going. Also the kite responded really slowly to commands from the bar. I moved the bar and the kite didn't respond for about four seconds. It seems like it needs even more wind. Anybody have any experience with these? Suggestions?

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:08 pm

Sounds like the kite is fully depowered.... With my 11.5m ARX fully depowered even in 20 knots the kite would barely turn at all...

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:48 pm

well.
the ARX is a high performance kite.

when u use it in windranges that seem totally impossible, they fly fine.

my broter hated his 13.5 but as he got better and better, he took it up to about 25kts and found out that it's fun in this windrange.

the 15.5 is a slow kite in less than 12kts and no beginner kite in more than 14 kts.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:56 pm

the de-power is wide open (fully powered) and still moves like a slug. It does seem to start working as the wind get's above 15 knots. Is there a better inflatable for 12-18 knots? Should I go with a medium aspect kite?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:17 am

On 2002-10-28 20:48, murdoc wrote:
well.
the ARX is a high performance kite.

when u use it in windranges that seem totally impossible, they fly fine.

my broter hated his 13.5 but as he got better and better, he took it up to about 25kts and found out that it's fun in this windrange.

the 15.5 is a slow kite in less than 12kts and no beginner kite in more than 14 kts.

Does that mean it goes from not flying to a handful from 12 to 14 knots? Also, why is it not a good kite for a beginner? Are there any modifications that can make it faster?

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:42 am

it's not good for a beginner, because it's slow and has very high steering forces when underpowered and gets good when overpowered.

and beginners don't ride overpowered.

also a very hard one to relaunch.
there's something called the naish power steering booster - it's the wipika bridle.
this may help, but i never tested ...

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hernan » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:44 am

I have used this kite many times and is a very easy kite, turns well and is stable. The perfect range for an intermediate is between 10 -15 KT. If your kite don t turn it must be something wrong in the triming of your lines.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:57 am

On 2002-10-29 03:44, Hernan wrote:
I have used this kite many times and is a very easy kite, turns well and is stable. The perfect range for an intermediate is between 10 -15 KT. If your kite don t turn it must be something wrong in the triming of your lines.
Lines are all the same length and pigtails are attached to the correctly to the lower knots on the flaps. The de-power system is fully released for max power. I suppose I could squeeze out another ounce of power by attaching to the upper knots on the back and the lower knots on the front. Any other ideas to get this thing moving?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:57 am

In light wind it is essentail to wring every bit o power out of the kite, anticipated the turn go for round smooth fast to round smooth fast, any jerky or frustrated strokes upset the kite, smoooth roound faast smooth roound,sorry english is my only language.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:54 pm

What board do you use???

Return to “Kitesurfing”