Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

more info of psycho

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:43 pm

Andres & Big Smelly... Can you comment on the differences between the Psycho and the Warrior. I need a large kite for light air.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:44 pm

big smelly.

where do you ride.
somewhere with very thin warm air perhaps?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:48 am

For a lightweight (62k), would the 12.5 Psycho be able to get me going upwind in 10 knots or should I go for the bigger one?

Alan

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:58 am

Hi Guys, I don't know if this will apply to the psycho but on a mastair I've found that the kite turns fast if I use more power to start the kite turning then when it's started turning, depower gradually to let the kite pick up speed and fly into the turn.
Jo

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:39 am

sorry guys, haven't used my psycho yet, i will report as soon as possible. I will be with ted bautista pro flysurfer team rider this weekend, and he has been flying the psychos for a while and has them all figured out, i will take pictures of his bar set up, and post the pointers and info he gives me. Ted is the guy flying the 15.5 in the psycho ad, the one who is really high up with a red board, this picture:
talk to ya soon,
Andres

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:53 am

I can't comment on the differences between the Warrior and the Psycho, as I have not ridden the Warrior. Maybe Marc will post his knowledge, as he has been using FS kites for a while now.

Ano, I ride andywhere I can in Israel. Poleg / Netanya mainly, but am travelling alot to the various beaches these days (weekends) to show off the Psycho :grin:

A 12.5 Psycho will have the 62kg rider screaming with joy at being able to blast upwind while most others are sitting around gawking at you... Once you get the feeling for the kite, you should be able to do 1 - 2m jumps in this wind too...Go for it.

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:38 am

thxs jo for the tips last days...i was on tree days holidays so no way to reply.
figuring out the kite and everything becoming much much easier.Another tip:try psycho killer(talking heads)song.before kiting...:smile:

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:18 pm

No Prob man, what tips was that? gettin old, memory growin cold. I'll probably get around to trying out one o these new fangled psycho machinens meslf soon, have to try n keep up wit yo youngsters,

actually as I'm pluggin their kites rotten and passin on all this top secret info all d'time maybe flysurfer could think about sendin me one to test then i could tell y'all bout it first hand,
hey Maaaaarrrc.........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr Jo Macdonald on 2002-10-29 12:22 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:00 pm

from flysufferer

i thought you lived somewhere hot with thin air, i ride the 140 loose, and am the same weigth and have been using flysurfers for two years and get out often.

and in thr uk 25 knots on a 12m is totally impossible, the wind is just so dense, it feels like 30k anywhere warmer.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:11 pm

Yeah, but have you tried the Psycho - this baby has a depower range which is crazy!! I am sure you will have no problem at 25 knots, especially with the 140.

In Eilat (Red Sea) we have hot dry air, but here on the Mediterranean coast we have hot humid air, so should be equivilent. I have been out in 22 knots already, and had no problems, without using the trimmer yet. :grin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”