Skywatch wind meter ??

Forum for kitesurfers
tristan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tristan » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:56 pm

I would like 2 perches 1 but would like 2 ask u good ppl. If it's good or not and witch model is the best

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:47 pm

Pick up some sand and throw it in the air. watch it blow. thats how we tell windspeed on our beach. Saves a bit of money on wundmeters

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:53 pm

If you see a white cap here and there and there is no chop to speak of then 16mtr. if you see white caps all over but no spray 12mtr. if you see spray everywhere think it over before you launch anything. no batteries no problems no mistakes!

andreadp
Medium Poster

Postby andreadp » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:33 pm

i have the windwatch. i've used it for 2 months but now it is in assistance, it works till u start to put into the water. even if u always clean it with sweet water, the salty water will damage it. infact i send it to the distributor and it say it is my fault if now doesn't work... but is it possible that a wind watch (that i payed 200 euro) u have to put it off when u go in the water. now i have also the WINDMASTER2 that is more accurate and much better. my friend say: watch are maid to view the time, not to view the windspeed!- and ,after all, he is right.

Return to “Kitesurfing”