Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

more info of psycho

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:52 pm

cold humid air is more dense than hot humid air.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:10 pm

If you say so...

mmunzer
Frequent Poster

Postby mmunzer » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:53 pm

Regarding the difference between warrior and psycho. These are mostly opinions because I don't get to sail so much these days. I've never had the 15.5 psycho on the water yet.

For an average rider, the warrior 16.5 will get you going before the psycho 15.5. An experienced flysurfer user will probably get going earlier on the 15.5 psycho. It takes a bit more finese to fly the 15.5 in the low end of the wind range.

However, the 16.5 warrior is more of a cruiser kite. It is hard to use the kite to jump. The 15.5 psycho is more jump friendly and more interesting to jump. You can get nice floaty 2m high jumps on the beach in 10 knots with the 15.5. I never got any jumps on the beach with the 16.5 warrior, no matter what the wind. However, if I jumped off a small cliff with the 16.5 I would get really nice hangtime. I think maybe if you put shorter lines on the 16.5 in higher winds, it would be more fun?

Its all just speculation for now.

Best regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Instant
Rare Poster

Postby Instant » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:20 pm

hi guys,

I own a 16.5 - In fact I hear that I was one of the first in Canada to get one. I am out kiting long before my buddy on his Naish 23.5 I am also out in up to 30km/hr. Believe me the 23.5 has been packed up long before this.

My local distributer and friend just received a shipment of 12.5s and 9 meter Psychos

I have to choose which one I want as others are also waiting.

Please someone who has tried these kites. Direct me. Which would be a good match for the 16.5 I already have a high wind kite!

oh ya I am 175 lbs I ride a twin tip or directional. Intermediate kiter (cant seem to master 720s yet)

Randy

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:22 pm

Instant - sounds like you are pretty much at the same sort of level that I am, except you have more experience with foils, having the 16.5 Warrior.
It sounds like you have already decided to go for the Psycho, but are just contemplating which size. Oviously it will depend on what sort of wind range you are looking for, but I presume you want it for when you need to pack up the 16.5 Warrior, i.e. 30kmh and above, about 16 - 17 knots and up.

All I can tell you is from my own experience so far. Just so you know, I am not yet the official FS dealer for Israel, although this is my goal, within the next few months.

175lb is about 85kg right? Which makes you about 10kg heavier than me. I have used the 12.5 Psycho only, up till now, from 10 / 11 knots, up to 22 knots. At 22 knots I did not need to use the de-power trimmer yet - you will definately not need to. I recon I will handle the kite without trimmer a little above this wind speed, and up to about 30 knots with trimmer, once I get more experienced with it.

Do a search for all of my posts regarding the Psycho, I have given my observations from the very first day riding with it, up till now (about 3 weekends worth). I have tried to remain as objective as possible, but it is definately a great kite. It takes a bit of getting used to (probably less for you having foil experience), has an awsome de-power range, impressive speed, and very nice jumping ability. I am still learning it myself, but I am sure once I have it fully wired, that I will be jumping as high, or higher than I would on tubes, with definately longer hang time - this I am feeling already.

You say the dealer is your friend. Well then surely he will let you have a few test runs before you actually have to lay out the dough :grin:

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:52 pm

Very good combo with the Warrior 16.5m would be a Psycho 9.5m this kite gets you going soon and you will have fun with it from 15 knots upwards.

In the future there will be an upgrade WAC set for the Warrior 16.5m so you can even stay longer out on the 16.5m so you have a better overlap in sizes.

9.5 Should get you up till 30-35 knots with your weight.

Greetings PeTeR

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:14 am

I'd go for the Psycho 12.5, but then again: what high wind kite do you have? That would make it easier to advice.

--Robin

eppo
Medium Poster

Postby eppo » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:03 am

I own a 16.5m and a 9.3m warrior. Will this New WAC system be able to be added to warrioir kites already sold?? I.e an upgrade kit? I would really appreciate more depower on the 16.5m man that kite pulls! The 9.3m works fine I believe - the perfect size for that technology. Some dude has said you can get going earlier on the 15.5m Pyscho than the 16.5m warrioir if you know what you are doing - I say "I'd like to see that mate"!

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:29 am

Eppo, do you think that there is too much of a gap between the 16.5 and the 9.3? I have the 16.5 and just picked up a used 9.3 but haven't gone out on it yet.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:02 am

WAC-Upgrade for the Warrior 16.5 should be available within 4 weeks.

Return to “Kitesurfing”