more info of psycho

Forum for kitesurfers
mmunzer
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mmunzer » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:20 am

I would get the 9.5 psycho. It is a really great kite. I don't think there is any gap between the 9.5 psycho and the 16.5 warrior.

There is no gap between the 16.5 and the 9.3 warriors either.

Best regards,

Marc

gaffer
Frequent Poster

Postby gaffer » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:45 am

I'll go along with Mr Munzer on that, I have a 16.5 and 9.3 warrior and they fit together well.

Armin from flysurfer reckons I should replace the the 9.3 warrior with a 9.5 psycho and just to upgrade my 16.5 warrior with the wac system. If I was rich enough I'd replace both with pyscho's though.

kpipis
Medium Poster

Postby kpipis » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:01 am

hei guys(flysurfers).how u do this VERTICAL on land jumps.u depower the kite in front of u and release it OR u send normaly the kite from one side to the other.(just asking not to kill my self!)

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:08 am

Both.

1. In stronger winds (17 knots and up), de-power, kite above you -> full power, you will be lifted into the air.

2. In any wind (even a light breeze) do the side to side thing, through the power zone, power up when kite reaches the zenith.

Beware in higher winds, I would not recommend to do this on the beach, unless it is very wide, NO obstacles, and soft and sandy.

Use your head, preferably not as a downwind braking system :grin:

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:00 pm

flysufferer:
big smelly of course i've tried it, i'm the uk rep, i've been using the prototypes and the full kites for a month now. i've spent over 3 full weeks out on them nearly every day.

and 22 knots would be impossible for me in the uk, the colder air pushes the kite way harder and has much more effect in gusts.

the kite does have a huge depower range, but for me it starts being fun around 8 knots and rocks at 13-14 upto 20 but over 20, i simply couldnt edge the tail of that loose 140 enough, and i run mine with the 160 fins on the heelside.

who would have thought it would have made so much difference

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:03 pm

ey up its the gaffer, didn't expect to see you out here fella.

sq225917

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:36 pm

On 2002-10-30 14:00, Anonymous wrote:
flysufferer:
big smelly of course i've tried it, i'm the uk rep
I had no idea - Are you selling well there?
and 22 knots would be impossible for me in the uk, the colder air pushes the kite way harder and has much more effect in gusts.
No shit. I find it hard to believe that cold air can have such a difference. I will wait for winter, and then see what happens. We are both talking about the 12.5, yes?

for me it starts being fun around 8 knots and rocks at 13-14 upto
Again - you talkin' bout da 12.5?
who would have thought it would have made so much difference
Not me :grin:
Are there any geeks that can enlighten me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-10-30 14:37 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:25 pm

Hello Big Smelly and Gaffer, you can increase the WAC system by moving the second V-line (black) up or down 3cm.
This has a HUGE effect on depower, flysurfer
send out a e-mail featuring this.
If you do not have it email one of the Flysurfer importers, they should have it for you.

As proof we were out in 15-20 knots (with the second v-line connection up 3cm) and the 12.5 felt big (148cm board), we then set it back (3cm down) and could sail easily and hold the kite till 25 knots.

Another proof of the tremendous range of this kite.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:33 pm

When you say up - I presume you mean towards the kite, and down towards the bar...

Also, second v line? You mean not the A lines, but the B lines? Black... OK I will have a look, although I don't think I want to de-power this baby any more at the moment. I am perfectly happy with her the way she is at 20 knots. Will see what happens above this...:grin:

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:06 pm

Yep that's what I mean.

It's the knot on top of the depower knot line:

Return to “Kitesurfing”