Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Is it possible to stack a kite

Forum for snow- and landkiters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 2:48 pm

Hello. I´ve a question. Is it possible to stack a 2 and a 4 m2 kite or is this to dangerous. With witch kitesize I can compare
the power of this stack. Maybe with a 7 m2 or with a9 m2. I want to try this for deep snow.
Greetings from Austria. Harry

Maris
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Maris » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:02 pm

2+4=6
I guess there will be problems with stearing as the speed of kite turninh woud be diferent.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:37 pm

what kind of kites are they?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:21 pm

Dominator II. They are selfmade.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:09 am

Might be kind of hard to stack them at all. I'm pretty sure what you need is a leader or bridal loop comming out of the top of the kite exactly opposite from where the mainlines would enter the kite if it were not for the bridal. I know it is possible to stack foils with bridals since in the late 90's one of the flexifoil team riders was using a double stack of Blades for kitesurfing.

The bridle lines/ kites might need to be reinforced to do this but since you built the kites yourself you should not have a problem once you figure out what you need to do.

If you stack the kites correctly, I don't think there will be too much of a problem with turning. Some people are stacking very large LEI kitesurfing kites of different sizes and they work well enough to be usable, though perhaps not the ultimate in high performance. They always put the smaller kite on the bottom.

Since what you are asking is a little bit unusual you should try to find sombody with real experience to ask for advice. Maybe try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Foildesign/

Return to “Snow / Land”