Forum for kitesurfers
randykato
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Cabrinha. Lieuwe, Carved
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby randykato » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:57 am

does it look like a defect? like there was a fold in it when they heat sealed the seam? if so you should be able to get it replaced under warranty.

mantismaster
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby mantismaster » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:06 am

I am not sure. It is on a seam, but it never happened before. Or I didnt notice. What is the slingshot warranty?

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:19 am

Mantis....where are you? What country? USA? What part? Do you have a SS dealer local to you? I've been trying to help you from the start of this thread....help me to help you. I've covered SS's warranty on this forum no less than 3 times. Did you know that the forums have a search feature?

Johnny

mantismaster
Medium Poster

Postby mantismaster » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:20 am

I did know this, but sometimes it never hurts to ask. Sometimes people have new information that I am not aware about.Thanks for wanting to help man!I will call slingshot tomorrow. I am in Eugene OR, not far from the slingshot factory.I couldnt help notice you sound frustrated in your post, hope us newbie kite forum dudes dont annoy you too much!

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:52 am

NO WAY dude!! Not frustrated in the least. Slingshot warranty is ONE YEAR! But you shouldn't be calling Slingshot about this, you should be calling your local dealer. That's why I asked if you have one. You can try going to SlingShot, but I dunno how that will go. If you DONT have a local dealer, lemme know, and again, I will help you out. Also, if you dont have a local dealer, may I ask where did you buy the kite from?

Sorry to come across like I did in the last post. Wasnt meant to. But I have mentioned the warranty here before and my postings were usually attacked by people cuz all the other companies only have 90 day warranties...and some here think that I am trying to matket SS's warranty or some shit by telling that it is one year....thats all. That's the only reason I didnt want to go over it again. No harm. No hard feelings. No aggrivation at all. I'm happy to help out. Please let me know how it goes or what you decide to do. But really, my advice to you is to NOT call slingshot about it. If for some reason that call goes bad, I'm going to have a hard time getting you the help you need too. I hope this makes sense to you.

In short, most all warranty work and replacements should go through a Slingshot dealer who then takes it up with SlingShot. And a good dealer will prolly just give you the new bladder, take your old one and send you on your way leaving them to deal with SlingShot.

Johnny

mantismaster
Medium Poster

Postby mantismaster » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:58 pm

Thanks for clearing that up! I bought the kit through a kite shop in florida. The closest dealer is probably kiteworld in warrenton OR. I havent called slingshot yet, and will wait until I talk to dealer.Thanks!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:54 am

HEY....I know a kiteshop/ SS dealer here in Florida that would more than likely be most happy to help you out with the issue. Of course it would involve some shipping. Call Watersports West and ask for Doug. 727-517-7000. He can help you.

Super customer support!

Jay

Return to “Kitesurfing”