Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New QR Chicken Loop For Any Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:51 pm

i had a pretty good scare in 30-40 knot gusts, went for a flush for about 200 meters accidently hooked into hard loop after a bad landing and couldn't get out. upside down and backwards, (on-lookers thought i was doing new backspin/headstand johnny's) NOT! Plus i could feel a leader line pull my head under across the back of my neck, not fun and cleaned my sinuses with sea water
luckily the wind was side/off shore and i had plenty of room to recover...
My next stop was the marine store where i purchased a $20 snap shackle, permanetly attached to the da kine hook and bent that over. I have 4 ways of getting away from the power now... oh ya , i don't go out in heavy gusts anymore :smile:

Marley
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Marley » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:38 pm

Ocean Rodeo bar is working wonders for my piece of mind. Quick release on chicken, fixed, wrist and punch out. Options options options. Releases under load and nothing to grab and pull you through shit. If doing no hand stuff disengage punch out. This bar takes you from beginner to pro with no more buying. Tapered hole for turning and sliding. Most have this now but some people don't know yet.

Return to “Kitesurfing”