Q-Power on front lines only?

Forum for kitesurfers
mikes
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mikes » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:46 am

I've got some of the old style Q-Power to use on a new bar. I'm wondering if using two types of lines on a bar will be a pain. Anybody know if I will have snags/tangles/hassles getting my lines ready to connect to my kite using Q-power on the front/LE lines only and standard spectra for the rear lines?

I don't have enough Q-Power to make the four 27m lines that I want (but I do have enough to make four 22m lines). I have some unused 27m spectra lines which would be fine for the rears. I don't really want shorter lines or long leaders.

Thanks
Mike

P.S. Sorry if this is kind of trivial but I want to save myself some frustration, want to decide before I cut the Q-Power

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:52 am

I flew my bar with the Q-power and the spectra like that for awhile. It works fine but you really notice how the spectra is more prone to tangles. Also after having my regular spectra lines break once and having a death spin body drag close to shore I'll never use it again.

Return to “Kitesurfing”