Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:24 am

On 2002-11-05 01:18, Anonymous wrote:
Oh yeah,

Dr Surf speak for your self:

I think I do alright,

and Im certainly not some rich old bastard, or one with a sweet job setup like yours.

But that will all change next year if I can get a job :smile:

Later,

Pete.
Touchy touchy!

I gotta start getting some board off and one foot moves down I think...

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:29 am

As you can see one of my glued on fins fell off.. hahaha like it makes a difference well it does of course but it doesnt stop me from having fun. That prolly explains was I cant hold it toeside.

Glad you all like the vid. I want to make a really cool vid but I cant get all the guys on camera because it doesnt zoom out. I will probly be getting a digital camera soon.

Funny half of the kites were foils about 5 arcs and 5 flysurfers and about 10 lei. it was quite conjested its really going to be tricky in a few weeks. all part of the fun.

Rod

Cal
Frequent Poster

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:33 am

Hi Rod,
I forgot to ask in my previous post, the F-12 is 12 sqm right? just trying to get a feel for the power you had in the 15-18 knots...

Riding flatwater like that sure is sweet isn't it! lets you try stuff you wouldn't normally try in chop/surf...

Callum

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:55 am

Yer it is 12 metres but there where other kites out that where bigger and the same size who had no where near the performance. That depends a lot on skill level.

As for the flat water I think im in love. :smile:

When I get a nice board like a mojo from e-boards then I will charge straight up the faces of waves and see how high and can go.

Rod

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:08 am

Cal,

I too may have to step up to the board/foot off tricks: I cant let you completely out ride me at the comp. However as a team rider, an inhabitant in an area with nice wind, and no exam worries I would say you have the advantage. However, I think I can still win the biggest and most embarassing stack competition (esp if I get those board-off face plants happening :smile:)

Anyways back to studying.

Pete.

Cal
Frequent Poster

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:16 am

I too may have to step up to the board/foot off tricks: I cant let you completely out ride me at the comp. However as a team rider, an inhabitant in an area with nice wind, and no exam worries I would say you have the advantage. However, I think I can still win the biggest and most embarassing stack competition (esp if I get those board-off face plants happening :smile:)
An inhabitant of a place with nice wind - supposedly... we have been getting absolutly screwed so far... had lots of forecasts for wind, but they never eventuate - or if they do it's usually for only half an hour...
Sucks big time! Going to have to do some travelling over the next 2 weekends before the comp or I'll be looking like more of a kook than most... No exam worries, but I practically had to beg to have the time off to go down to the comp...

Callum

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:36 am

COMPS Ive never competed in anything before do I have a chance? also wheres this comp over east. A comp sounds like fun I think I would like to do that. I think theres some coming up over here soon I'll check it out and see if I have a chance. But there held in the ocean I have almost no experience in waves.

How good to you have to be to qualify.

Rod

Cal
Frequent Poster

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:58 am

On 2002-11-05 02:36, F12-Flyer wrote:
COMPS Ive never competed in anything before do I have a chance? also wheres this comp over east. A comp sounds like fun I think I would like to do that. I think theres some coming up over here soon I'll check it out and see if I have a chance. But there held in the ocean I have almost no experience in waves.

How good to you have to be to qualify.

Rod
The "Mambo" is at merimbula - basicaly on the border of NSW and VIC. It's a freeride comp - no heats , you just go out and ride for four days... It's more a fun, party kiting type thing, not really a comp for the majority of people there... there is no qualification you just enter.

It's just a big beach party for four days basically, somewhere in there you might do some kiting...

Callum

Callum

Dr Surf Australia
Medium Poster

Postby Dr Surf Australia » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:08 am

On 2002-11-05 01:18, Anonymous wrote:
Oh yeah,

Dr Surf speak for your self:

I think I do alright,

and Im certainly not some rich old bastard, or one with a sweet job setup like yours.

But that will all change next year if I can get a job :smile:

Later,

Pete.
Hey Pete, don't be so sensitive, I wasn't talking about you. You don't live around here! I'm talking about some of the locals in the Jervis Bay area. Nothing wrong with your kitesurfing except that you should come down here more often AND show the locals here how its done:-)

Have fun, Dave (Dr Surf)

PS. I look forward to your video. I'll probably take my video cam to Mambo and if its 30knots+ take some interesting footage.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:26 am

Dudes,

Firstly to the Doc, yes I was only joking too much study and not enough kiting makes my sense of sarcarsm go wonky. And yes I do need to come down more :smile: Im working on it. Just convinced my girlfriend to quit her job and join me in my kitesurf/surfing east coast surfari bash (can I fit in any more words here?) over summer, so we will be around (where ever the winds blowing or the surfs cooking). Is the G-Arc thing next weekend? I was hoping to make it, but have an exam on the 16th sat so I wont be able to :sad:

Secondly to Cal, Rod and any other viewers I would add this to the mambo comments:

Everyone gets a prize, last year I got a longhorn bar for competing in the Open Wavesailing event and I did even land a single forward ! (but of course my waveriding was turning heads [NOT]) either way that makes me 200 bucks up :smile: and even if you didnt get a prize, you get breakfast and lunch everyday, a cool T shirt that gets the chicks flocking (sic?) and 4 days at the beach, what more could you want (dancing girls would be nice hehe)

Later and hope to see ya all at the mambo.

Pete

Return to “Kitesurfing”