Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

shorter lines with foils

Forum for snow- and landkiters
skipfrommichigan
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby skipfrommichigan » Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:59 am

I tried my F1 5 and 7 meter Shadows today on 15 meter lines with good results. I kept on having to toe downwind with longer lines. I was able to edge enough to 'tack' upwind.

? for the group - can you backloop to jibe like you can on a kiteboard without killing yourself? I do not have enough room where I ride to carve a nice jibe - but am now comfortable holding power in the kite and sending it back a bit for a jump/loop/tack.

Can this be done?

Skip

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:58 am

Hi Skip!

Yes. I did it a couple times on the mountainboard. Sure is scary the first couple times. I'm more comfortable jumping high than doing this since if you screw up, you land on your back and get dragged. I don't wear a helmet, but plan to start wearing my biking helmet from now on.

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

skipfrommichigan
Medium Poster

Postby skipfrommichigan » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:33 am

Hey V - thanks for your tip. I thought I would blow out my trucks if I hucked a big one on the MBS. Will the shocks take that kind of hit?

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:19 pm

Hi Skip,

Yeah, no problem. How big a hit do you plan do drop? If you're hitting that hard, you're doing something wrong. I've jumped about 10-12 feet as my highest jump and all land fairly soft. The deck flexes, too, to take some load, plus the tires will absorb some shock. I also use the orange egg shocks in my springs which support the suspension more. Its heat-treated metal, so it should handle pretty good load. You'll break yourself, before the board.

We just got in an Earthboard and will be trying that out possibly tomorrow, if Montrose Beach doesn't work out. You ever come out by us?

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Return to “Snow / Land”