Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cal's Magic Carpet

Forum for kitesurfers
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:18 am

Hey Cal, just wanted to see if you've gotten to ride your Magic Carpet yet? I've not made up my mind to: 1) get rid of my 5'6"/6' Hanacrew Assym and get the Smorgasboard -OR- 2) keep the Hanacrew (for higher wind) get the Magic Carpet and get rid of the 7'8" directional. Any suggestions out there? Oh yeah, I weigh 210 and fly an X2 16 in 10-20 most of the time.

SENDIT!

Cal
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Cal » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:51 am

On 2002-11-05 11:18, SENDIT! wrote:
Hey Cal, just wanted to see if you've gotten to ride your Magic Carpet yet? I've not made up my mind to: 1) get rid of my 5'6"/6' Hanacrew Assym and get the Smorgasboard -OR- 2) keep the Hanacrew (for higher wind) get the Magic Carpet and get rid of the 7'8" directional. Any suggestions out there? Oh yeah, I weigh 210 and fly an X2 16 in 10-20 most of the time.

SENDIT!
G'Day,
I havn't recieved the board yet, it was only just over a week or so ago I ordered it, so it'll probably be another week before I get it. I'll keep you posted, typically at the moment we're getting alot of 10 knot days - as soon as I get the board it'll be windy as hell probably...

As far as your options go, if you were going to get rid if the Hanacrew assym you could go smaller than a smorgas board. If you ride flatwater alot you could go for a fridge door, if you ride chop and/or waves you could go for a wavetray - probably a 147 would be best.
If you were going to get rid of the directional then a magic carpet could be the way to go, 7'6" is a big directional though so even going to a magic carpet you may loose some low end... But when your on a magic carpet i bet it is much more fun than a 7'6" directional!

Of the two options, my choice would be keep the huge directional and get a really fun powered up board (wavetray or fridgedoor)... only problem with this is you won't want to ride the directional anymore and will end up getting a magic carpet or smorgas board as well...

With your weight don't be put off by the smaller board, I'm 100kg - 220 pound? I only ride a 147WT at the moment, and I had a 151 DT prior. Plenty of other big guys around here are riding similar sized boards. The 138 fridgedoor or 147WT WILL suit you for a powered up board!

Hope this helps you somehow, if you can wait, I will report on the MC when it comes!

Callum

Return to “Kitesurfing”