Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2003 SlingShot Gear: The news and info we want:

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:08 pm

On 2002-11-03 08:24, Anonymous wrote:
Have slingshot sorted out the problems with the boards yet?
I snapped a jarvis in half after my second jump on it. It looked like a donner kebab!!
I changed it under warranty to the drake where the footstrap screws kept pulling out the deck. A couple of friends who have them are having problems with the duraglide bottom delaminating.
I don't know what you are talking about. Kind of odd that you are the first and only person here to mention these kinds of issues. Is this your idea of brand bashing? Slingshot started out as a board company, not a kite company. So you would think theyhave a pretty good handle on the board thing. But Slingshot, like most companies, pays some factory somewhere to make their boards and kite for them. Well, they used to. Not anymore.

Slingshot has now itst very own board plant producing their very own boards. This makes quality control alot easier to do. Add to that they are one of the only kite companies that I know of who isn't subbing thier kites construction to some chinese facotory cause they now also have their very own kite factory. Quality control is much better on all of their stuff because of this.

I've never seen a skate break and I've never seen one not hold a screw. I could think that in a screwballs hands though that anything is possible. Jumping onto sliders with too much force can break a board. Tightening the screws to 200lbs torque will strip the holes, and so on. Add to this I have never seen one delaminate. I am pretty sure this is someone takeing a shot at the brand. Got any pics to back that azz up?

Johnonymous
Rare Poster

Postby Johnonymous » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:14 pm

On 2002-11-03 08:24, Anonymous wrote:
Have slingshot sorted out the problems with the boards yet?
I snapped a jarvis in half after my second jump on it. It looked like a donner kebab!!
I changed it under warranty to the drake where the footstrap screws kept pulling out the deck. A couple of friends who have them are having problems with the duraglide bottom delaminating.
Hey ANONYMOUS,
Is this true? If so, I'd like to see some pictures of it as well. I have never heard of any such things happening under normal use...or even under extreme use for that matter. And if you don't mind my asking, WHY did you not sign your name to your post?

Know what...nevermind. I will go directly to the source and find out how true this is. If it ever was actually a problem, YES it's been fixed as I have never seen or heard of this anywhere before. If it did happen, it's documented and on file and I will be able to look into it.

I own one of every board SlingShot makes and have never had any problems with any of them. Even their very old Asylum. Alot of people around me are using Slingshot products too and none of them are having any problems.

Johnonymous!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnonymous on 2002-11-03 19:15 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:39 pm

One of my mates even spoke to the uk importer about his board, but because he bought it second hand they told him to piss off! the board was only a few months old. Great customer service dont you think!!!!
The board in question was a misty.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:48 pm

Do a search in http://www.pauljobin.hostinguk.com and you will find loads of people who have had problems with there 2002 slingshot boards!!

enjoy!!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:50 am

maybe must be something local to those that were over there. in the states i too havent heard of any.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:47 pm

you would have thought you fat americans would have broken way more boards!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:55 pm

flysufferer:

i pulled the footstarps out of one of mine, drake

and i saw my mate pete pull the footstarp off of his mate darrans jarvis not four week ago.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:59 pm

there have been problems with slingshot skate series boards and it can't only be in the uk.

i've seen 4-5 with the footstraps pop off, due to them using a deep thread in a loaded nylon insert rather than a tight machine thread.

thats simple plastics skills guys. you use shallow high tpi screws in plastic not low tpi self tappers, thats basic.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:21 pm

On 2002-11-03 16:08, Anonymous wrote:
[Slingshot] are one of the only kite companies that I know of who isn't subbing thier kites construction to some chinese factory cause they now also have their very own kite factory. Quality control is much better on all of their stuff because of this.
What a load of crap.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:10 pm

I understand that Slinshot does have it's own kite factory now, although it is still in China.

Spiggy

Return to “Kitesurfing”