Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2003 SlingShot Gear: The news and info we want:

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:13 am

Get over it Jonny ALL Boards break.

For the record I have now seen a broken (in no particular order)

BIC
Underground
Naish
Home-made

and a
Slingshot Drake

Sometimes its rough treatment sometimes just really bad luck.

The Slingshot broke at the tip along the rail into two flapping pieces and the guy at the beach was not impressed.

And No I don't know exactly what happened (I didn't see it) and I don't know if it got warrenteed.

Stu

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:20 am

BTW I do not mean to imply that these boards are susceptible to breaking or that there is no such thing as stronger boards that resist breaking.
Only that with the right combination of abuse and plain bad luck any board will break.

Stu

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:29 am

Stu is right
over my 7 year wakeboard stint as a semi pro I broke over 30 production boards from various company's
In 2 years of kiteboarding I have broken a few boards one of which was a SS but that board, unlike the others, had had some very serious abuse. I am amazed and stoked that it lasted as long as it did.

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Johnny TBKS » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:12 am

Hey STU,
What's up? I AM over it. I even looked into it. It's true, it happened. All of this stuff being written isnt by me....I sign my name to my posts. At any rate, I think SlingShot has their skate issues sorted out at this point.
On 2002-11-05 23:10, Anonymous wrote:
I understand that Slinshot does have it's own kite factory now, although it is still in China.

Spiggy
This is true, we should see even better quality control than before.
On 2002-11-05 19:59, Anonymous wrote:
there have been problems with slingshot skate series boards and it can't only be in the uk.

i've seen 4-5 with the footstraps pop off, due to them using a deep thread in a loaded nylon insert rather than a tight machine thread.

thats simple plastics skills guys. you use shallow high tpi screws in plastic not low tpi self tappers, thats basic.
Yer absolutley correct! This too has been addressed. Some of us though realized the screw issue BEFORE we used them and used something we thought was more appropriate. I can understand that one should be able to use what's included, but if what's included happens to be the wrong stuff, you need to use your brain to realize this and address it PRIOR to having the problems.
On 2002-11-05 19:55, Anonymous wrote:
flysufferer:

i pulled the footstarps out of one of mine, drake

and i saw my mate pete pull the footstarp off of his mate darrans jarvis not four week ago.
I believe you! But, what model of skate...what year? Is it an older one? I mean, it may be new to him, but it may have been setting in a shop for alot of months. Anyway....he can use the warranty if he feels it necessary and he bought it new from a shop. IF he did do it through a shop and they aren't giving him the support he needs, PLEASE have him contact me and we will get him taken care of.
On 2002-11-05 18:47, Anonymous wrote:
you would have thought you fat americans would have broken way more boards!!!!
You speak like a racist idiot and I wont waste any more time addressing you.
On 2002-11-04 18:48, Anonymous wrote:
Do a search in http://www.pauljobin.hostinguk.com and you will find loads of people who have had problems with there 2002 slingshot boards!!

enjoy!!
DID as you said and found as you said. I was never here calling ANY of you liars for the record.

Is this the official "attack Johnny" day here or something?

ALL boards break and have problems from time to time. This is true. Especially on a new product that hasnt been in publics abuse for long enough to sort out such things. It happens.

I've seen alot of different boards with alot of different problems. It's a fact of life. The main thing though is IF you have a problem, is the company going to stand behind their product? BUT, I personally guarantee you that if you are experiencing problems with ANY of your SS gear, and you bought this gear from a dealer, not from some guy online, SLINGSHOT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Johnny
<font color=black>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny TBKS on 2002-11-10 15:25 ]</font>

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:20 am

johnny did u get the AR numbers for the SS fuels 2003?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:55 am

On 2002-11-06 02:20, Pedro Marcos wrote:
johnny did u get the AR numbers for the SS fuels 2003?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks
AHHH SHIT! I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for reminding. I am talking to SS tomorrow, so I will make a note to get those digits for you bro. Sorry for slacking....

Johnny

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:27 am

On 2002-11-05 23:10, Anonymous wrote:
I understand that Slinshot does have it's own kite factory now, although it is still in China.
Not true.

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pedro Marcos » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:41 pm

I bought the slingshot 9m, but the this kite only have the "fuel inject setup" in for the back lines and only 2 spots.

The 11m and the 13m have the 6 conections, 3 front 3 back, or they are like the 9m?

Return to “Kitesurfing”