Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F.One new products 2003 first impression!!!!!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
cjxbakker
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby cjxbakker » Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:59 pm

I have been to France last week, presentation of the new product line 2003. Unfortunately my french is not that good and their english is not good either but I know more now...

Mach 2, only 12 meter for now. The 16 still only proto-types, they are working on it but still not as good as the 12 meter. The 12 meter I, 65 kg and 140 twintip, can kite with it from 14/15 knots till 25 knots. But for real jumps I need 15/16 knots. This kite has a real looooooong airtime, you go up and land 10 meter later then you will ever expect. Also the depower is amazing. Steering compared with the Mach 1 is more smooth, easy to kite and jump.

Dream 9 meter, this kite is really a power machine, lower AR then the Mach, but full of power, it sais 18 till 30 knots, it is right. Good power jumps and high transitions with 17/18 knots and I hold it till 27/28 knots. Not too fast and really stabile and fluid steering, perfect wave riding. Only the 9 for now, working on the other sizes and will come some months later.

Source 9 meter, looks a lot like the Wipi classic, deeper, AR of 2,5 and perfect for lessons from 8 knots. Also the latest proto-type and they think it will be ready in a few months.

Magic 2, some small things changed, less weight of the kite, solid contruction. Did not kite withbut looks really good.

Have been filming and took a lot of pictures during the last 3 days in France, will try to get them on-line asap.

Greetz,

Christian Bakker
The Netherlands

miksa
Medium Poster

Postby miksa » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:30 pm

Hi Christian!

Thank you for the info...I'm on a MAch1 12.1 now and thinking on changing to a Dream..What are the major differences between the two or between mach2 and dream? I'm really interested in your opinion on how it (Dream) felt riding with, depowering, if it can be set up as a 2 liner?...and looking forward to the pics..

Thanx

Miksa

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:31 pm

thx fo the infos.
when you have more, let us know asap.

thx
Toby

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:03 am

Hi Cristian,
I was out last saturday in 12 to 18 mph winds with my F-One Mach I 18.1 jumping great and unbeliavable hanging time with T.T. 142. Nobody thought it is possible to handle that with my 60kg weight.
Next day it was only 8 to 10 mph and I was out riding up-wind and doing about 4' hops with the F-One T.T. 180. I am realy satisfied as you see with it's range.

My question for you or anyone why the bigest Mach II is only 16m size?
Is that perhaps will give the same power as the Mach I 18.1?
Bela

Note for Miksa I am still here

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:49 pm

Hey Christian,

We need more info. Hurry up with the pictures. were getting un patience.

miksa
Medium Poster

Postby miksa » Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:46 pm

HEy Bela!

It seems Hungarian have the same taste..in Kitesurfing too :smile:
Is the surrounding of Miami kinda windless??..that you have to use a 18.1? I'm very afraid of such monsters :smile:
Right now it's such a bad, cold, rainy weather here..I could jump on a plane and head south...
..and hard snowfalls for weekend... I hate winter :sad:
Anyway...

Jó szelet Béla :smile: Majd írok az emailedre is..mert megjött :smile:

Adios Amigos

Have fun go mad

Miksa

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:03 pm

Hi Miksa,

Maybe with the 2003 Mach II I could go higher. I'm just evaluating the new kites and my style. I just got the Arc F-12 because of better up-wind and hangtime. I don't want follow the crowd of the Inflatables. That is why I am waiting for the answers from the "Pros". The local sales guy from F-One changed to Gaastra and Takoon so there are no more people around whoo could tell me about the developments. So it is better now if on my own.
Pray for the wind
Bela

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:21 pm

Hey Christian,
More info, Pictures ?

cjxbakker
Medium Poster

Postby cjxbakker » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:21 pm

Pictures and a movie of 17 mb I have here, still busy with the website. Hope finish it next week.... stay tuned, let you know

Chris

Return to “Kitesurfing”