Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Saftey, yeah who are you foolin, not me!

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:51 pm

I think it is time we got this straight, Emotions are high, attitude is everywhere, and the bottom line is this safety thing is bullshit, Kiting is dangerous we do it because we like risk, Onshore offshore it don’t mater, if you kite your asking for it!. Kite leash what a bunch o crap, if you’re interested in your safety its nuts to use one! If your interested in your fellow man’s safety? “Stay the “fucâ€

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:34 pm

Nothing like over egging the pudding eh dick head. The idea of a safety leash is to REDUCE the risk. We know its a risky sport and thats why we do it - the rush but if you can make it safer for other water users and also beach users why not? When you line breaks and your kite rips some poor cunts head off half a mile a way im sure youll deal with it in your own inimitable style but dont come and kite on our beach with that attitude or itll be you with no head shit for brains.
Richard.

illy_kitesurfing.gr
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby illy_kitesurfing.gr » Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:35 pm

(2 fokiten)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tough one...
ok. might be 2 pesimistic and aggressive language 4 me, but what the hell, i agree.
i dont have that much experience, i havent seen hundrends of kiters where i kite, but 1 thing i know is that nearly all of us as soon as we feel confident with that thing on the air we want to impress.
who hasnt had the @#$%* feeling of power while kiting?
and i m not talking only about impressive tricks and high jumps. i m talking about just kiting with confidence and nice style, not dropping the kite and after that BEING ABLE TO JUMP NEAR KITERS AND WINDSURFERS, NEAR THE BEACH AND OF COURSE GOING IN AS MUCH OVERPOWERED AS ONE CAN

You go down to the beach, see the conditions and choose kite size depending on what others have - does that ring any bells to anyone else or is it just me?

then you come out of the water feeling satisfied that you didnt get killed in some sort of accident, that you managed the kite in conditions you thought you couldnt...

the danger is known & safe kiting is not only about having the best QR but about willing to enjoy without sacrificing someone..

i guess its up to us all to improve our attitude, stay out of others way and enjoy...

illy
------
http://www.kitesurfing.gr

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kitesurfing.gr on 2002-11-06 20:36 ]</font>

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:03 pm

distance is your friend

this is imnportant when you ride to avoid accidents or problems.

And if a riders chooses to ride without leash they should make sure that there is no-one around, no-one at the beach and they are downwind of others. If they do this, it is fine and no-one cares. But unfortunately many don't do it this way and that makes it a problem for others. And if it is a problem for others they will/should act.

Isn't Silke's death not enough to understand what can happen? Is it really neccessary that a kid at the beach has to die to demand using leashes to avoid this scenario?
It will happen with attitudes like that and I only hope, it won't be at any spot that I kite, because kiting will be BANNED !!!
Shouldn't we all avoid this?
YES - WE SHOULD !!!!!! or it will be too late....

Toby

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:08 pm

On 2002-11-06 20:34, Anonymous wrote:
Nothing like over egging the pudding eh dick head. The idea of a safety leash is to REDUCE the risk. We know its a risky sport and thats why we do it - the rush but if you can make it safer for other water users and also beach users why not? When you line breaks and your kite rips some poor cunts head off half a mile a way im sure youll deal with it in your own inimitable style but dont come and kite on our beach with that attitude or itll be you with no head shit for brains.
Richard.
Dispite your personnal idignation it appears you agree with everything i said, Perhaps you are offended because you have adissorted image of what you indorse. I will not come to your beach on purpuse, because you have a"poor cunt a half mile away" I kite in remote places and have no illusions that i am making it safer for those around me. Unlike you I am aware that kiting is not safe, and to pat my self on the back for whearing a leash, well mr safe how you gonna deal with it when you and your kite and your leach take some "poor cunt" out? Ehhh im listening! richard or is it dick?-wad.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:12 pm

any lines that attach to my kite are to stop me loosing the kite, not to save your ass. and no matter how much you kid yourself it's otherwise you 'all' know that you don't wear a leash for anyone else.

how many of you would put an extra device on your bar if it added protection for third parties but not you.

simon

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:14 pm

On 2002-11-06 21:03, Toby wrote:
distance is your friend

this is imnportant when you ride to avoid accidents or problems.

And if a riders chooses to ride without leash they should make sure that there is no-one around, no-one at the beach and they are downwind of others. If they do this, it is fine and no-one cares. But unfortunately many don't do it this way and that makes it a problem for others. And if it is a problem for others they will/should act.

Isn't Silke's death not enough to understand what can happen? Is it really neccessary that a kid at the beach has to die to demand using leashes to avoid this scenario?
It will happen with attitudes like that and I only hope, it won't be at any spot that I kite, because kiting will be BANNED !!!
Shouldn't we all avoid this?
YES - WE SHOULD !!!!!! or it will be too late....

Toby
Toby i absoluty agree that kite leashes are for the protection of others That was my point.WE ARE the danger,WE ARE THE PROBLEM face it. I love kiting but it endangers others no way around it (its always somthing)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:17 pm

sure we are the danger to others.
no doubt. But we can reduce the danger by wearing a leash, don't we?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:24 pm

OK I INSist every single one of us wear a leash,I insist everyone stay away from inocent people out for a stroll on the beach, ok I insist everone be smart and act responsibly. This changes nothing. sorry?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:49 pm

IMO it changes a lot - authorities have less to go after and in the future runaway kites accidents will be avoided.
Now we're ready for the future.

Return to “Kitesurfing”