Gear: *
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Janus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:38 pm

yes, 1 bar for all sizes.

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:42 pm

Thanks janus.

my trusty Skoop1 12m just ripped almost in half while on holiday in NZ. Cant think of a better excuse to buy a new kite.
Will get the R5 or Vegas 16 when I get back to europe.

cheers
G

Jupu
Medium Poster

Postby Jupu » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:23 pm

The 5th line length should be and stay fixed between the Y and the kite... no need for trimming anything there. The 5th line and the frontlines travelling from the Y to the kite, are subject to equal and quite negligble stretch - nothing to discuss there. The Gray line stretches ( due to it´s physical size, it get´s pressed together and when the line construction is pressed to a tighter package, it will naturally increase in length undepending on the material used ) after a few sessions to the length it is meant to have and then you better check, that the lower part of the 5th line is long enough for the knot to stop at the Y. The tension should stay above the Y and not come down the line to the bar. The lower part of the 5th line is there only for the safety - function, and the bungee is there to keep the 5th from flapping in the wind and eat the change in the measurement caused by the depower-strap operated or depowerline shortened.

The R5 designed for the 5th element is just rock solid in the sky and only lifts it´s ass when you depower it, nothing else. But, the ass-lifting seems to do does a better job than anything else I´ve ever ridden. Better hangtime, same pop, faster turning, better range and smoother pull than on the R4. You get higher with a R5 than with a R4, mainly because you can ride it to higher winds and you dare to push it because the kite feels really comfortable even at the limit, making you confident that you can still ride with high speeds without loosing grip. Riding 12+16 m2.

The bar is adjustable to either 50 or 58 cm. I use 58 cm on the 16m2, the 12m2 gets kind of oversteered with the 58 cm, so 50 cm is better.

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:13 pm

Jupu, what´s your weight ?
How would you compare low end R4 16/R5 16 ?

thaaanks !

Lolo
Frequent Poster

Postby Lolo » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:35 pm

You know what I was thinking?
Imagine I have a R5. Noe I also want to buy a R4. Can I use the bar and lines of the R5 to rig the R4 as well?

Return to “Reviews”